Derby Must Avoid a "draconian" Review

I think we have to sacrifice Hughes if we want the squad to take us up.

Let's forget about all these attacking options Steve seems obsessed with and build from the back. We need two new centre backs, two new full-backs and a driving workhorse of a midfield player who puts the opposition under pressure. Then we can guarantee players like Martin, Ince and Russell the freedom they need.

I'm not sure I would go with Wisdom. Francis at Bournemouth is a better player but will now prove it in the Prem.

I still like Jon Flanagan at Liverpool. Tyrone Mings at Ipswich fits the bill. Joe Mattock at Sheff Wed too.

...and I'm a Jay Tabb fan.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we've got ourselves in a muddle. I'd be surprised if schteve even knows his best eleven now.

it may not need massive change, but the question is whether schteve can see it.

we have to adjust the system so that full backs hold their position better and centre backs stay closer together.

we really need to decide who is the best centre back pairing.

for the right-sided centre back is it keogh, shotton,albentosa or rawson ?

for the left-sided centreback is it buxton or....?

the full backs both suffered a catastrophic collapse of form......why?....we do need another right back but it would be a shame if we can't rescue Christie as his early season form was terrific.

we need to decide what to do about Grant

we need a new DM. I fear George is still injured and might miss another huge chunk of the season

we need to keep hughes

we need to decide whether bryson has a future. Is Hendrick really better?

we need cover for martin

we now need a replacement for ward, and a pool of four good wide strikers.

we need to repair the trust in the manager and the spirit in the squad 

we need wins.

A repeat of the poor form and schteve will last about as long as jewell did before we had to go and get nigel.

its a tricky time.

we also need the fans to be more realistic and loyal too.

Is there where you make a public apology to Keogh and announce your loyalty to him whilst he's in a Derby shirt on his feet and on his arse?

Is there where you make a public apology to Keogh and announce your loyalty to him whilst he's in a Derby shirt on his feet and on his arse?

​not at all. My expectations were always realistic and you'll never hear me booing or abusing players during the match, not even Keogh. I don't think I have anything to apologise for, and I can tell you now that I always want him to play well and would rather him do so, allowing me to applaud him, than him to fail so I can moan about him.

​how do you know he is available? 

Also, are you forgetting Wisdom's massive drop in form post New year last season? It's easy to make someone a better player when they're gone. You'll be telling me Savage was brilliant next!

That 'massive drop in form' is completely over emphasised, he had a few bad games and then went back to being one of our most consistent defenders. The last 8 games of last season he was magnificent, especially Brighton away.

also, it's completely reasonable to assume he's available. He's clearly not good enough for his champions league aspiring parent club if he can't get into the WBA side, he'll be either available for loan again or up for sale.

That 'massive drop in form' is completely over emphasised, he had a few bad games and then went back to being one of our most consistent defenders. The last 8 games of last season he was magnificent, especially Brighton away.

also, it's completely reasonable to assume he's available. He's clearly not good enough for his champions league aspiring parent club if he can't get into the WBA side, he'll be either available for loan again or up for sale.

​Okay, well we will see. But if Christie is a 6/10, Wisdom is only a 7/10. I don't think he'll make much of a difference on his own. The bigger difference will come with solid central defenders more than full backs in my opinion.

​Okay, well we will see. But if Christie is a 6/10, Wisdom is only a 7/10. I don't think he'll make much of a difference on his own. The bigger difference will come with solid central defenders more than full backs in my opinion.

That's fair enough, I just think your irritation at people suggesting Wisdom/former players are the saviour (fair enough, people are irritating about signings etc) is clouding your judgement on the fact that Wisdom is the one destined to bring balance to the defence.

He is a solid fit for our back 4, would be a great signing.

That's fair enough, I just think your irritation at people suggesting Wisdom/former players are the saviour (fair enough, people are irritating about signings etc) is clouding your judgement on the fact that Wisdom is the one destined to bring balance to the defence.

He is a solid fit for our back 4, would be a great signing.

​yes, but surely that means our defence will be reverted back to the 2013/14 defence, which wasn't itself that brilliant. We winged it a lot of times, and attacking purpose papered over the cracks a lot too. 

​not at all. My expectations were always realistic and you'll never hear me booing or abusing players during the match, not even Keogh. I don't think I have anything to apologise for, and I can tell you now that I always want him to play well and would rather him do so, allowing me to applaud him, than him to fail so I can moan about him.

​I'm blaming our end to the season on you, when Keogh comes on here for a quick read whilst on the toilet, sees your posts no wonder the blokes confidence has been shot. You need to take a long hard look at yourself boyo, we could be suggesting players for our return to the Premier League but nooooooo, he we all are scraping the barrel of who will drop to the Championship, with Channel 5 highlights to look forward to and another trip to Rotherham.

Do you know how long I've waited to hear Gary Lineker talk about us and see Aguero on the pitch, not on TV??

All because you couldn't keep your trap shut and make a scapegoat of the guy. 

Well Mr Mostyn, I don't think I'll ever forgive you for this, you better hope we get promoted next season or you might have trouble logging on to this forum ever again.

I love you Keogh, I know you're reading this, don't forget to wash your hands.

​I'm blaming our end to the season on you, when Keogh comes on here for a quick read whilst on the toilet, sees your posts no wonder the blokes confidence has been shot. You need to take a long hard look at yourself boyo, we could be suggesting players for our return to the Premier League but nooooooo, he we all are scraping the barrel of who will drop to the Championship, with Channel 5 highlights to look forward to and another trip to Rotherham.

Do you know how long I've waited to hear Gary Lineker talk about us and see Aguero on the pitch, not on TV??

All because you couldn't keep your trap shut and make a scapegoat of the guy. 

Well Mr Mostyn, I don't think I'll ever forgive you for this, you better hope we get promoted next season or you might have trouble logging on to this forum ever again.

I love you Keogh, I know you're reading this, don't forget to wash your hands.

​Keogh cannot read.

Ignore him Keogh he's not worth it, the number after his username is the amount of times he's been laid, no wonder he's grumpy with what you have waiting at home after the game

​I thought the 6 was either the number of "likes" or the numerical incarnation of Mostyn - assuming he's the same chap that used to be on the 606 forum under such sobriquets as "Mostyn Powers - the voice of reason" and "Mostynao".

I could be completely wrong of course. But there can't be that many irascible sods with the same name who wish to share pearls of wisdom on the Rams, surely?

​I thought the 6 was either the number of "likes" or the numerical incarnation of Mostyn - assuming he's the same chap that used to be on the 606 forum under such sobriquets as "Mostyn Powers - the voice of reason" and "Mostynao".

I could be completely wrong of course. But there can't be that many irascible sods with the same name who wish to share pearls of wisdom on the Rams, surely?

​wow, you must've been a true fan of mine! I'd forgot about the voice of reason, and I cannot now remember who suggested it, maybe BurtonRam at the time. In the middle of numerous arguments about getting rid of Jewell, everyone disagreeing with me, he popped up and called me the voice of reason, which I ironically adopted for a few weeks.

Mostyn6 is because when I set up a hotmail account, there seemed to be at least another 5 or 6 Mostyns there before me :( 

Mostynao was my Brazilian alter-ego! Someone posted a link to a site that you put your name in and it gives your Brazilian name, mine was Bao, but nobody knew who it was when I posted lol.

I do miss the original 606, cos of the interaction with the Forest, Leeds and Leicester fans.

​wow, you must've been a true fan of mine! I'd forgot about the voice of reason, and I cannot now remember who suggested it, maybe BurtonRam at the time. In the middle of numerous arguments about getting rid of Jewell, everyone disagreeing with me, he popped up and called me the voice of reason, which I ironically adopted for a few weeks.

Mostyn6 is because when I set up a hotmail account, there seemed to be at least another 5 or 6 Mostyns there before me :( 

Mostynao was my Brazilian alter-ego! Someone posted a link to a site that you put your name in and it gives your Brazilian name, mine was Bao, but nobody knew who it was when I posted lol.

I do miss the original 606, cos of the interaction with the Forest, Leeds and Leicester fans.

​I always appreciate a well constructed argument mate - even if I don't always agree with them. But that's the point ain't it. And fair play for standing your ground on Jewell - you were proven right in the end!

I too miss the old 606 - in fact all of the bbc forums had a much better look and feel to them than they do now. Never use it any more - this is the place for me.

Archived