Why do people care if McClaren is here next season?

Albert

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insecure idiot – Brave behind the keyboard aren’t we Eddie? Now if you knew me.....

​This is actually something else that I've never really gotten. Why do you think he wouldn't be brave enough to say this to your face? If someone was talking utter cobblers about the Rams to my face, and spreading malicious rumours without any backing, I'd quite happy tell them what I thought. Are you suggesting that you think Eddie wouldn't stick to his convictions on the matter because you think he's a weak person, or are you suggesting that you're a raging violent psychopath with little to no self control and no more sophisticated means of getting your point across?

I do agree, we should all think stuff it and get begin the team.

I can't help but agree with Steve Nicholson tho and think it had derailed our season somewhat.

That and the fact we have played better in the last 2 years than at any other time for the last 7 is probably the reason why supporters have been so caught up in it

I do trust we will get a worthy replacement tho and maybe that's also why we should all relax a bit and enjoy the playoffs?

Player and managers come and go.  I think SM is a good manager/coach.  Are there better out there? Probably.

Are there any that would be a better fit for DCFC should SM go?  Well that's the key imo, not whether or not the current holder of the post stays or not.

He could have said i"m extremely happy at derby county, i have a contract for another 2 years, and my focus is entirely on derby county ". That might have sufficed, instead of the " i'm not looking beyond the end of this season" which implies an invitation to talk in the summer. Furthermore he should be focussed on the job here beyond the end of the season. Eric steele added fuel to the fire if the comments attributed to him are true. 

unfortunately for schteve, newcastle is probably the right club, with the wrong owner, at the wrong time.

If the geordies are to be believed then ashley and co treat their managers and coaches with contempt, and treat newcastle united as a cash cow. Perhaps he should ask Kevin keegan or chris hughton what they think of the regime.

it is own prolonged prevarication which has caused all the speculation. 

​Do you mean he could have done/said something like this RamNut ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11562469/Ronald-Koeman-insists-even-Barcelona-could-not-lure-him-from-Southampton.html

Not usually one to mention these crap rumours but what I have just heard has now made me think maybe Mac is definitely leaving. My sisters boyfriends dad is a former Derbyshire cricketer, I won't mention his name but if you like your cricket you will know him. Anyway he knows roger Davies and roger has said Mac is leaving and he and paul Simpson are not on speaking terms. I assume a way from football that means. Hope it's not true but can't see how roger Davies would be wrong or make things up . 

I'll take that as a no then. :D

*Note to self ...you're on his ignore list. :lol:

Oops sorry.....i wasn't ignoring you.

I'm not expecting him to commit Koeman style. He is concerned not to disrespect Newcastle and John Carver, but he has come across as somewhat disrespectful to the role he has here. Its still difficult to work out exactly what happened in January. Sometimes he implies that he has not yet been approached by Newcastle. Then at other times he seems to imply that he put them off in January and that all parties are waiting until the end of the season. He has pussy footed around. 

he has seemed to want to leave the door ajar to a possible approach whilst waiting to see if we go up. Maybe newcastle's interest has cooled. maybe he genuinely doesn't know exactly what he wants. Maybe he doesn't know if newcastle will come (back?) in for him in the summer. its not difficult to answer the question about their interest.

he can say that he doesn't comment on the managerial situations at other clubs

he can say that he is under contract and fully committed to his existing contract.

He can say all that and not cause any offence.

the real questions of course are.....

have you had direct or indirect contact with newcastle ? which remains obscure...

and

if newcastle were to make an approach would you want to go?

the answer then is that any interested club would have to deal with derby county first and foremost.

Yes.....exactly

My guess is that agents spoke to agents and when put under pressure by sam rush to be honest, he finally decided to let it be known publicly that he was committed to seeing out the season with derby, whilst privately he may have encouraged newcastle to think that if derby didn't go up he might be interested.

I think he is befuddled about what to say because if he is found to have had any inappropriate - albeit indirect - contact, then he will have effectively been flirting with newcastle behind Sam's back. The apparent lack of commitment, and the fear that he may have encouraged their interest is what upsets people here. 

We'll know soon enough. 

I'm sorry, you must think me awfully rude for only replying to part of your post. Regarding my post count, My Grandmother, over half a century ago, said "If you have nothing to say that is worth saying, say nothing."

I notice that you have amassed the princely total of 106 in four and a half years. Obviously you heeded her sound advice.

[;)]

​I

Perhaps your dear old Grandmother actually said:-

"if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all,"

Shame you didn’t adhere to that prior to scribing your original post

I’d wager she also quoted something about “quality over quantity”

​This is actually something else that I've never really gotten. Why do you think he wouldn't be brave enough to say this to your face? If someone was talking utter cobblers about the Rams to my face, and spreading malicious rumours without any backing, I'd quite happy tell them what I thought. Are you suggesting that you think Eddie wouldn't stick to his convictions on the matter because you think he's a weak person, or are you suggesting that you're a raging violent psychopath with little to no self control and no more sophisticated means of getting your point across?

The irony of “Now if you knew me” was, well hopefully anyway, a response contradicting the "I am insecure idiot" line.

For it to be misread as a threat I can only apologise.

Incidentally I’m sure Eddie is more than capable of fighting his own battles and furthermore it’s not me who is throwing insults around.

Archived