McClaren to Stay?

Rampton

That's the best answer anyone will get. To me that interview reads as follows;

"For the love of God, stop asking me about this. I don't care about the speculation.

There was interest in January which was interesting to me, however they didn't appoint a new manager. As a result I am focused solely on Derby for the remainder of this season.

I want us to be in the playoffs, I want us to be promoted and the speculation is not an excuse for that not happening. 

I am contracted for another 2 years at Derby and as things stand that's where I'll be. That might change in the summer, possibly from my side, possibly from the club's, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it and focus on promotion"

People might not like it but that is as good an answer as anyone needs and he is right - we should all be focusing on the present, not the future and stop using speculation as an excuse. Injuries, form and OTT expectations have all played a part in the last 6 weeks, we need to get over it, support the team and stop all this wailing, it's turning into a Brazilian TV soap.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[McClaren mode] 

I didn't not miss you.

[McClaren Mode]

​Does that mean you have already signed a contract with another man(club)? If you don't say it is never going to happen then I shall have to assume you are off! I need at least seven denials and a letter in blood pledging your allegiance.

Will he won't he?  Let's just leave it. We've two games to ponder over and then the play offs.  Read a book. Watch telly. Have a w@nk. (Or all three) But let's drop this thread

Will he won't he?  Let's just leave it. We've two games to ponder over and then the play offs.  Read a book. Watch telly. Have a w@nk. (Or all three) But let's drop this thread

​It was the book I dropped when I tried all three.

He'll go if they want him and I believe it has derailed our season.

Was a fan of the bloke until this Newcastle linked came out.

Can understand him playing it safely not wanting to upset anyone, but the way he words his answers is bullshit

"Just speculation, just speculation" - Well until you have said otherwise mate it will forever be speculation, so put the fooker to bed

"I'm not interested in Newcastle, at the moment". He simply cannot say the line he needs to say which is:

"whilst I have a contract at Derby, and the owners want me here, I will not be seeking employment at any other club this summer"

if he said that, I would be confident, but he can't because I think Newcastle will be calling this summer.

"I'm not interested in Newcastle, at the moment". He simply cannot say the line he needs to say which is:

"whilst I have a contract at Derby, and the owners want me here, I will not be seeking employment at any other club this summer"

if he said that, I would be confident, but he can't because I think Newcastle will be calling this summer.

Funny how we interpret things, thats pretty much what I thought he was saying!

What does he gain by saying he's not interested? 

remove some of the uncertainty the fans have, which could be one of the reasons some have become inpatient. Who knows perhaps the players feel uncertain about the future too - which may have impacted on results since Christmas.

remove some of the uncertainty the fans have, which could be one of the reasons some have become inpatient. Who knows perhaps the players feel uncertain about the future too - which may have impacted on results since Christmas.

That's the only reason. 

There's more reasons to keep people gossiping. I've listed a few but any 1 is worth more to him than a few people gossiping. People gossip all the time.

Few months ago Ibe fell out with Hughes. Then Mac and Bucko with a coffee cup... Look at the summer over Thorne. It got labeled a "saga". It only took 2 weeks and a couple of bids.

Newcastle link disrespectful - McClaren

Football

Posted at18:45 BBC

Derby boss Steve McClaren has called the speculation linking him with Newcastle United "disrespectful".

He says his focus remains on getting Rams, currently fifth in the Championship, promoted to the Premier League.

The former England boss said: "At the present moment I am the Derby County head coach and will remain so until things change. So, let's get on with the job. My goal is to get in the play-offs and do as well as we can."

On the reports linking him with St James' Park, McClaren added: "I haven't got a clue if I'm a candidate for the Newcastle job.

Archived