McClaren to Stay?

Rampton

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you intend to be at Derby county next season? "I am contracted for the next two years so yes" But I bet still people are not happy with that response. 

He also refers to saying people may use the interest and rumours as an excuse, which im guessing he means for our drop in form so it would appear he certainly doesn't think its to blame.

After listening to that I'm still not convinced! 

​I'm not sure what more he has to say to convince some people. Even if he comes out and says no no no hell no I hate Newcastle he could still go anyway.

Remmeber Rooney, "once a blue always a blue" then he was off in a flash

Do you intend to be at Derby county next season? "I am contracted for the next two years so yes" But I bet still people are not happy with that response. 

He also refers to saying people may use the interest and rumours as an excuse, which im guessing he means for our drop in form so it would appear he certainly doesn't think its to blame.

"​I have a two year contract so would like to honour that contract, but this is football so things can change"

"​I have a two year contract so would like to honour that contract, but this is football so things can change"

​He gives politicians answers to be fair, but like I said above he can 100 % come out and say "no not interested, dont want it, where is newcastle anyway?" And he could still go

​He gives politicians answers to be fair, but like I said above he can 100 % come out and say no not interested dont want it, where is newcastle anyway? And he could still go

​I know. It's just the fact that he wouldn't categorically say yes or no which is why people may think he could go. "It all boils down to a yes or no question" and he answers about his contract. We all know in football contracts don't mean that much. He knows it's a way of saying well I'll be here if Newcastle don't want me. 

He would be stupid to rule out a move to Newcastle and to not listen to their offer should they leave. But at the same time I think it would be silly to leave without finishing the job. Next season, bar a totally disastrous season he isn't in any danger of losing his job or being hounded out by fans. Can he say the same at Newcastle?

​I know. It's just the fact that he wouldn't categorically say yes or no which is why people may think he could go. "It all boils down to a yes or no question" and he answers about his contract. We all know in football contracts don't mean that much. He knows it's a way of saying well I'll be here if Newcastle don't want me. 

He would be stupid to rule out a move to Newcastle and to not listen to their offer should they leave. But at the same time I think it would be silly to leave without finishing the job. Next season, bar a totally disastrous season he isn't in any danger of losing his job or being hounded out by fans. Can he say the same at Newcastle?

​I agree I mentioned in another article that he would be leaving a stable club thats looking to progress and grow to an unstable club thats stagnating and has no backing or no chance of growing under the current situations. Derby has the potential to match the current Newcastle team, if we get promoted and stay there, there is no reason why we can't finish around them and above them within 3 years. Obviously we need to get there first.

​I agree I mentioned in another article that he would be leaving a stable club thats looking to progress and grow to an unstable club thats stagnating and has no backing or no chance of growing under the current situations. Derby has the potential to match the current Newcastle team, if we get promoted and stay there, there is no reason why we can't finish around them and above them within 3 years. Obviously we need to get there first.

​Crystal Palace are eclipsing Newcastle at the moment. If Steve doesn't feel he's capable of taking us to where Crystal Palace currently are, then he probably isn't the man we need after all.

Derby finish 11th in the PL, Newcastle finish 11th in the PL. Which set of fans are happier?

​It isn't against the realms of possibility that we may be playing in different leagues next season, even if we do get promoted.

​It isn't against the realms of possibility that we may be playing in different leagues next season, even if we do get promoted.

​I guess youre right actually, I keep forgetting they are by no means safe, ecspecially if leicester beat them

​Crystal Palace are eclipsing Newcastle at the moment. If Steve doesn't feel he's capable of taking us to where Crystal Palace currently are, then he probably isn't the man we need after all.

Derby finish 11th in the PL, Newcastle finish 11th in the PL. Which set of fans are happier?

​Well from some of the reactions of Derby fans this season I'm not so sure haha if we go up some fans may demand champions league football.

Puhleeese. Can we drop all this about Newcastle now and concentrate on the next match and hopefully play offs. What will be will be

the club cannot say he will definitely see out his contract because there are circumstances in which he could end up sacked, so he's given his best POSSIBLE answer.

​I imagine he is fed up of being asked about it. Sort of like being in an insecure relationship with someone who checks every week if everything is ok!

Archived