Your somewhat realistic dream team?

Jayweb95

Hiya lads been a few months away from this forum.. Couldn't bare to see the grim comments about our poor run of form.. But I've just been thinking what would be your somewhat abtious team for next season? (Most of mine are highly unlikely) but just for fun... 

Silvestri

Francis  bassong  albentosa  Olsson 

Hughes       Tietty        

Ince                                          Ritchie

Martin

Deeney

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya lads been a few months away from this forum.. Couldn't bare to see the grim comments about our poor run of form.. But I've just been thinking what would be your somewhat abtious team for next season? (Most of mine are highly unlikely) but just for fun... 

Silvestri

Francis  bassong  albentosa  Olsson 

Hughes       Tietty        

Ince                                          Ritchie

Martin

Deeney

So you want to take a team that arguably would have got automatic promotion if it wasn't for injuries, and replace seven of the starting line up? 

So you want to take a team that arguably would have got automatic promotion if it wasn't for injuries, and replace seven of the starting line up? 

I'm tired of seeing "would have" "might of" are we? No we're 5th in the league.. Every team around us has injuries you can't really justify our position when our team hasn't done its job.. And I recall many saying our bench is stronger than most starting 11 in our league when we were fully fit. Now they're quick to blame our bench. Plastics. And to answer your question, yes.. I would indeed. 

I'm tired of seeing "would have" "might of" are we? No we're 5th in the league.. Every team around us has injuries you can't really justify our position when our team hasn't done its job.. And I recall many saying our bench is stronger than most starting 11 in our league when we were fully fit. Now they're quick to blame our bench. Plastics. And to answer your question, yes.. I would indeed. 

​Have you tried that team out on football manager? 

Butland

Wisdom Flint Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes   Barton

Ince     Martin    Russell

Grant

Wisdom - Keogh - Shackell - Forsyth

Hendrick - Thorne - Hughes

Ince - Martin - Russell

(This is if we're still in the Championship)

No need to change half the team. We're 5th in the league when every single player in our squad pretty much, (other than Forsyth and Keogh) has been out injured at some point. If everyone stays fit and we manage to keep hold of Hughes and Martin and make a few additions, we should be challenging for automatics

Grant

Wisdom - Keogh - Shackell - Forsyth

Hendrick - Thorne - Hughes

Ince - Martin - Russell

(This is if we're still in the Championship)

No need to change half the team. We're 5th in the league when every single player in our squad pretty much, (other than Forsyth and Keogh) has been out injured at some point. If everyone stays fit and we manage to keep hold of Hughes and Martin and make a few additions, we should be challenging for automatics

Is getting shackell back realistic? Didn't he leave under a cloud, or is everyone involved with that gone now? Or am I thinkng of Savies?

Grant

Anya     Berra       Hanley    Odubajo

Thorne 

Russell     Hughes    Adomah

Ince

Martin

Shackell isn't going to come back so not point putting him in your "realistic" dream teams!

Grant

Christie  Albentosa  A.Flint  Olsson

Thorne   Hughes

Ince          McCormack       Redmond

Martin

1) Christie is young and will improve each year with games I think.

2) A.Flint from Bristol City has been an absolute rock for Bristol City and vital to their domination of League One this year. Plus he scored around 10 goals!

3) Olsson is going nowhere with Blackburn. Quality Swedish international who would offer a better attacking threat than Forsyth, who looks like a giraffe on ice at times :/

4) Not much needs doing to the attack I don't think. Get Ince in because he's been an absolute star and bring in Redmond (he's getting no games at Norwich!) We could maybe bring in another forward player. McCormack might fit in well behind Martin.

5) Finally bring in a decent striker to cover C.Martin. Possibly Rudy Gestede or Jordan Rhodes?

Let me know what you think.

Shackell isn't going to come back so not point putting him in your "realistic" dream teams!

Grant

Christie  Albentosa  A.Flint  Olsson

Thorne   Hughes

Ince          McCormack       Redmond

Martin

1) Christie is young and will improve each year with games I think.

2) A.Flint from Bristol City has been an absolute rock for Bristol City and vital to their domination of League One this year. Plus he scored around 10 goals!

3) Olsson is going nowhere with Blackburn. Quality Swedish international who would offer a better attacking threat than Forsyth, who looks like a giraffe on ice at times :/

4) Not much needs doing to the attack I don't think. Get Ince in because he's been an absolute star and bring in Redmond (he's getting no games at Norwich!) We could maybe bring in another forward player. McCormack might fit in well behind Martin.

5) Finally bring in a decent striker to cover C.Martin. Possibly Rudy Gestede or Jordan Rhodes?

Let me know what you think.

I don't get this back up for Martin. No one as good as him would be happy to warm the bench for a season unless it's an understudy. 

How many players out there are like Martin?  I could think of that guy at villa who is brilliant. And that guy at Everton. And that's about it.  

I don't get this back up for Martin. No one as good as him would be happy to warm the bench for a season unless it's an understudy. 

How many players out there are like Martin?  I could think of that guy at villa who is brilliant. And that guy at Everton. And that's about it.  

​We'd need to get someone in pal. Look how many problems we had without Martin in the side.

How about Matt Smith from Fulham? Big lad. Holds the ball up well. Scored a few goals now he's been given a run in the Fulham side and scored a fair few for Bristol City earlier in the season.

Or maybe Jay Emmanuel-Thomas? Still young. Absolute bulk and has scored over 20 goals a season for last 2 years

Butland

Wisdom      Keogh      Batth    Forsyth

Thorne 

Hughes           Hendrick

Ince               Martin           Russell

Butland didn't put a foot wrong when he was with us earlier in the year and I assume he'll only get better as he gets older, especially under Steele.

Wisdom was brilliant for us last year and we are struggling in the RB department, not much more to say.

Batth is the Wolves skipper and may take some of the burden off Keogh in terms of leadership (he's their captain). He's also solid as a rock at the back.

Ince for obvious reasons. 

Also, if Thorne continues to struggle with injuries i'd be tempted to try for Rohan Ince from Brighton. He's an absolute unit in front of the back 4 and from what I've seen he's also quite tidy on the ball. 

Swann

Swann Keogh(c) Swann Swann

Swann

Swann        Swann

Swann                             Swann

Swann

Bring Swann on for Keogh if this isn't working. 

Archived