Daily Star Exclusive: McClaren will join Newcastle this summer on one condition

Ambitious

@robglosta some changes were made due to injuries, yes. But the constant changes of the back four weren't due to injuries. Whitbread maybe, but apart from that he has chopped and changed the right back, and left centre half all season. There is no consistency in the one area of the team that requires it the most.

As for what could he do without Martin and Bent... DON'T try and play as if you do have Martin and Bent. Russell/Ward/Dawkins/Ince/Lindgard could all do a job up front, but not on their own. 

Against Middlesborough at home, he even had Forsyth as a support for Russell. Grant would start his run up, and Forsyth would bust a gut up the wing and inside to try and win the flick ons and/or hold up the ball. 

If you need your left back to play that role in order for a system to work, it isn't designed to work. Play two up top with one player feeding off the other. Play balls into Russells feet. Instead they were hoofing it 2 feet above his head, then looking puzzled as to why it wasn't working. 

I think SM is better than that. He showed that last season. He can react to injuries/going one behind and turn things around. We haven't seen that SM is some time. IMO since all this Toon talk started. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes me laugh about this whole story, Mac comes out with a denial very similar in tone and word to Sean Dyche when he was linked to us recently, some flat out refuse to believe Mac, but accept D

It's even inflicted normally sensible posters recently, statements such as 'Confirm or deny,goss take over if that's the case, wish he'd pish off now, etc'.

Maybe he'll go, maybe he won't but one thing is guaranteed, he and everyone connected to DCFC will give absolutely everything to see us promoted at the end of the season, if we're not good enough then so be it, but to say he's not bothered cos he's off, or the players don't listen cos he's off, is so patently stupid it's absurd.

I'd hardly call Tombo and the majority of posters on here 'sensible'.

Archived