Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

£5.75m according to this story. Would the board really agree to that if Macca is off/

Hull City have agreed to sell Tom Ince to Derby County in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the Premier League outfit and the Championship side have agreed on a £5.75 million transfer fee.

Ince has been playing for Derby on loan from Hull since the start of February, having joined the Rams until the end of the season.

It seems that Derby have been impressed with the 23-year-old’s showing so far and want to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of the season.

Ince has indeed been a very good player for Steve McClaren’s side and has been a key figure in their push for the Championship playoffs.

In 16 Championship appearances for Derby so far, the former Liverpool prospect has scored 10 goals and created 20 chances, while having a pass accuracy of 83% and a shot accuracy of 57%.

​Interesting. If we stay down and still go for it, any large fee will be dependent on a load of clauses, including promotion. If we go up and go for it, it will still be phased payments, but we'll be in a better position to afford it.

Price wise, I don't think that's an unrealistic starting point for Hull as the selling club, but Derby surely won't value him anywhere near that, and thus the meet in the middle talks begin.

Like the idea we're in for him though, he's been fantastic. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who booed him after what he did for us last season is a complete ********. Then again, these are the same people who boo our own players, so we shouldn't be surprised.

​True I think most booed because he kissed the Boro badge and acted a idiot on Twitter. I knew it would spur him on so I just didn't boo or anything as I knew what would happen lol.

Anybody who booed him after what he did for us last season is a complete ********. Then again, these are the same people who boo our own players, so we shouldn't be surprised.

​Think it was more the "Once a Red, always a Red" tweet before we played Forest that might just have got the fans backs up. As was mentioned, Patrick is a clever lad, and knew exactly what he was doing. He was trying to get Derby fans backs up, so with that knowledge, why would Derby fans do anything but boo the floppy haired prat?

I can't help but think that given the state of our defence; 5.75m is a bit steep for our priority list.  I'd rather see an experienced leader at CB and the plugging of the defence with that sort of money.  

It is all well and good him coming here and continuing his fine work, but if we keep shipping 2s and 3s every game it'll soon wear very thin.  I think you could get Berra for 3m and Wisdom on loan for 1.5-2m - I'd prefer that.  

Hull would be have our pants down for £5.75m, even if were willing to spend that.

Don't get me wrong he's done really well and has contributed a lot. If it wasn't for his and Bent's goals we'd be in trouble. 

However he's in the last year of his contract and it's evident that Hull don't consider him part of their future. I'd say £2.5m is more realistic. More than happy for him to become a Derby player as he's certainly proved himself, but not at that price if true.

It's the sun. The fee is obviously not going to be 5.75m. Especially when they only paid 2.3m. 4m would be roughly fair, as the fee they paid was out of contract.

Hes unreal. We have to get him even if there's a chance of it. 10 goals in 16 games is fantastic, considering how bad we've been recently. 

Archived