Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're referring to me buddy, I don't say that.

I have read that said about Ince on many occasions over the past 4 weeks. I think there are times in games when I want him on the ball more, but that's not a fault of his, more the way we've been playing lately.

​You want him on the ball for the right reasons - because he's good. He does get on the ball quite a lot, though, certaintly more than the others.  

My point was purely that no one can say Ince drifts in and out of games. It's just that he's a winger and not in the centre of the pitch. As a winger, I would care to bet he takes more touches than 90% of the other wide players in the division.

He never hides and he's always trying to make something happen. I think you can see what playing for Blackpool did to him. He's got that dogged, drag the game by the scruff of the neck, mentality. 

Will only have a year left on his contract so I doubt they'd want too much for him. The only issues I see is if we're still in the Champ, would Prem teams come in for him after seeing how well he's done for us

​I'd fancy Paul Ince to point him in our direction regardless. 

If McClaren does leave, however, it looks very unlikely. 

I think Bamford is a good player, said I would be happy with him on loan again this season, but didn't think he would come back, and he didn't.

Probably worth saying my point of view is based on the likely good of us playing in this division next season. Not pessimism, just the more likely option at this moment 

​Our more dickheaded fans made sure of that.

​Nothing to do with the manager playing him out of position then. Just the supporters fault. 

Bamford and Chelski should be grateful of the amount of games Bamford played!

There was no way on earth anybody was going to drop Martin playing one up top, Martin was pure class last season and was first name on the team sheet, only mistake McLaren made was Millwall at home, Bamford should have played up top instead of the fish.

​Nothing to do with the manager playing him out of position then. Just the supporters fault. 

Maybe a little.

Patrick Bamford is an intelligent lad, and he would have realised that he was hardly in a position where he was going to replace a 20 goal a season striker. The one thing that it did prove was his versatility, but accommodating him either with or instead of Chris Martin would have required a change of style - one which served us well.

Maybe a little.

Patrick Bamford is an intelligent lad, and he would have realised that he was hardly in a position where he was going to replace a 20 goal a season striker. The one thing that it did prove was his versatility, but accommodating him either with or instead of Chris Martin would have required a change of style - one which served us well.

​Think it was more that. I remember reading that Mac said he wanted Bamford back, but he knew he wasn't going to play where he wanted to play at Derby, and Mac wasn't going to change the system to accommodate him, so he went off to find somewhere where he could. And he's been brilliant this season for Boro, so fair play to him. Every time I've watched him play, I've been really impressed with his movement, far more so than when he was here, where he seemed a little lacking in the basics. 

​Think it was more that. I remember reading that Mac said he wanted Bamford back, but he knew he wasn't going to play where he wanted to play at Derby, and Mac wasn't going to change the system to accommodate him, so he went off to find somewhere where he could. And he's been brilliant this season for Boro, so fair play to him. Every time I've watched him play, I've been really impressed with his movement, far more so than when he was here, where he seemed a little lacking in the basics. 

​Karanka is probably just a better coach :ph34r:

I do agree, though. In the home game against Boro, he looked capable of playing the Martin role. 

I don't get all the "he drifts in and out of games" talk about him. He is a true winger, and he's got a rocket on him. He has basically dragged us through the bad form, and whilst I think Dawkins and Ward offer more in terms of all round play, he definitely has more cutting edge. He has a strike rate here that would make most strikers jealous. In fact, I think he's actually going at a better strike rate than Martin. 

He is exactly the type of player we need going forward, a winger who can weight in with some goals to counterbalance the likes of Dawkins who's less of a goal scorer, but a touch of class in the buildup. 

It all comes down to price though. 

Speaking of which, I've got to be honest from watching him. I would say he's a better Bamford compared to the way he was used last season. If I recall Ince has what, 10 goals in 16 games, while Bamford has 17 goals in 37? I certainly wouldn't say Bamford plays the "Martin Role" either unless you call the Martin Role somehow shining a volley off defenders to beat the keeper or popping up after barely touching the ball all game to score. The kid is a natural goal scorer, but still looks like he lacks the all round play. Bein Sports have absolutely loved showing Middlesbrough this season, and that's the one thing I notice about him each time. 

Our issue this season was never the lack of a scorer like Bamford, it was that we conceded cheap goals, which damaged confidence in our style of play and stifled the way we played. That coupled with losing players to injury is what arguably cost us, but I wouldn't for a second think that the management were wrong in not giving Bamford what he'd want to be here, as I think we were better off with Martin as first choice up top, in the system we were playing. 

​I remember against us he was awful. Like he wasn't bothered along with his work rate which most Boro fans don't like about him (Everything else they like). After we started booing and all that **** he upped his game a lot he even said he basically couldn't believe it and enjoyed us booing etc.

After that happened I realised a total change he was running after everything his movement was the best I have seen getting 2-3 players booked with his willingness and class movement and obviously his goal. Funny how a bit of hissing and booing can change a player at the the end he claps the west stand from what I heard guess that was the only stand who weren't calling him a ******.

£5.75m according to this story. Would the board really agree to that if Macca is off/

Hull City have agreed to sell Tom Ince to Derby County in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the Premier League outfit and the Championship side have agreed on a £5.75 million transfer fee.

Ince has been playing for Derby on loan from Hull since the start of February, having joined the Rams until the end of the season.

It seems that Derby have been impressed with the 23-year-old’s showing so far and want to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of the season.

Ince has indeed been a very good player for Steve McClaren’s side and has been a key figure in their push for the Championship playoffs.

In 16 Championship appearances for Derby so far, the former Liverpool prospect has scored 10 goals and created 20 chances, while having a pass accuracy of 83% and a shot accuracy of 57%.

​I remember against us he was awful. Like he wasn't bothered along with his work rate which most Boro fans don't like about him (Everything else they like). After we started booing and all that **** he upped his game a lot he even said he basically couldn't believe it and enjoyed us booing etc.

After that happened I realised a total change he was running after everything his movement was the best I have seen getting 2-3 players booked with his willingness and class movement and obviously his goal. Funny how a bit of hissing and booing can change a player at the the end he claps the west stand from what I heard guess that was the only stand who weren't calling him a ******.

Anybody who booed him after what he did for us last season is a complete ********. Then again, these are the same people who boo our own players, so we shouldn't be surprised.

Archived