Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

Half of them play entirely different to everything we've tried to do from youth level to the first team

the love for Dyche is unreal. His win percentage for both clubs is worse than McDermott who hasn't won a promotion. 

Look at Burnley!! Yes. They got pronoted out the Champ (like they did under Coyle) and are going to get relegated. They aren't the Red Lion. I'm failing to see the miracle? 

Mcleish and Lambert. Oh my. 

Objective 1. Don't lose

Objective 2. Don't concede

If objective 1&2 are failed then proceed to objective 3

Objective 3. Don't concede or lose next week. 

I'll unsubscribe from RamsPlayer if Lambert takes over. I'm 29 and too young to die. That's what I want to do when listening to him talk. 

People knock Warnock and Holloway and then praise Dyche. What's that about? Holloway got Blackpool in the PL. They fought and got relegated. Why is he not a genius? 

At least get a manager that carries on what we've started. A positive forward thinking manager who likes to see the ball moved forward on the floor quickly. Who won't mention "clean sheets" Every 2 minutes. Which is exactly why we haven't hit the levels of the end of last season at all. Which is why we've dropped so many late points and dropped 17 (?) points from winning positions. Boro,  for all their clean sheets haven't won a game they've gone behind in yet. 

I'd rather have Simpson than half those. Purely for his positivity and philosophy. Not that I want Simpson. I want McClaren because I don't think he'll go to Newcastle. Warburton has shown only positive similar football. I'd watch that. 

Depends what you want to see. I'd rather have Billy back than some of them. Look at the club's when he's taken over and his win percentage. And I'd rather tear my eyes out than have him. But he's better than half that lot. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone watched football focus, Mr Redknapp said he wants his next challenge to be in the championship with a young manager, young team with excellent facilities and help them get promotion whilst giving knowledge to said manager. now I don't really see any team that has them qualities for Harry other than Derby. if we stayed in the Championship and McClaren left for Newcastle it seems he would love the opportunity to help Simmo and the team to promotion. Never really liked or hated Redknapp (Maybe some transfers but we don't have the set up here to let him spend without Chris Evans approval).

If McClaren was to go, I imagine it would be a relatively big name that comes in. 

I wouldn't look past Paul Lambert, to be honest. 

Hope not. His sides play negative football and his Villa side underperformed. 

I would hate to have Redknapp, and I'm sure others would agree. Maybe we'd get promoted, but it wouldn't be sustainable. 

Other than that, I think all are decent shouts. I'd prefer somebody young and dynamic who plays decent football. Clement would be an incredible coûp, as you say. He'd be my first choice, definitely. After that, I like Warburton. Not sure about Simpson. The change wouldn't be too drastic but I worry he'd make the same mistakes that his mentor McClaren has made.

I don't want Sean Dyche, Alex McLeish, Darren Ferguson, Gus Poyet, Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Paul Lambert, Gianfranco Zola, Ian Holloway, Paul Ince, Roy Keane, Malky Mackay, Nigel Worthington, Phil Brown, Paulo Di Canio, Gary Megson or Harry Redknapp anywhere near my football club. 

I don't think McClaren is leaving anyway.

Mcleish and Lambert. Oh my. 

Objective 1. Don't lose

Objective 2. Don't concede

If objective 1&2 are failed then proceed to objective 3

Objective 3. Don't concede or lose next week. 

I'll unsubscribe from RamsPlayer if Lambert takes over. I'm 29 and too young to die. That's what I want to do when listening to him talk. 

Is Lambert really that bad?

In his first two seasons at Norwich, where he won back to back promotions, he had the highest scoring team in the division. 

In his first season with Norwich in the Premier League he took Norwich to 12th and only 7 sides scored more than Norwich that season. 

He then went to Villa, made two cracking signings in Benteke and Vlaar, but was never given much in terms of spending power after that. Ultimately, he did what he thought he had to in order to keep their Premier League status until he was chopped this season.

He is a much better proposition than people think, but as you touched on, managers blow hot and cold wherever they go. 

Warburton at 5s - Yes please

Simpson 9s - Maybe
Dyche - Yes please but wouldn't get him

Poyet 11s - No
Redknapp - Absolutely f00kin no
McLeish - Absolutely f00kin no
Ferguson - Absolutely f00kin no
Warnock - Absolutely f00kin no with big spangly balls on

Laudrup 13s - As if

Lambert 15s - Absolutely f00kin no with big spangly balls on and a massive, neon sign screaming "Absolutely f00kin no"
Howe - As if
Billy - See Lambert
Clement - No

Cook 17s - Maybe
Rosler - No
Adkins - Maybe
McDermott - Maybe
Sam Allardyce - No

Wassall 21s - No
Lennon - Do one
Hoddle - No
Robinson - Maybe but he's had two season to get a good MK Dons side up and hasn't managed it yet
Zola - No
McCoist - No

Bruce 26s - No
Mackay - No
Holloway - Absolutely f00kin no
Ince - Absolutely f00kin no
Savage - Absolutely f00kin no
Clough - Absolutely f00kin no
Keane - Absolutely f00kin no
Beattie - No
Wilson - No
Petrescu - Maybe
Phelan - Always a No 2 like Sammy Lee
Dave Jones - No

Martin Jol 34s - as if
Di Canio - Absolutely f00kin no
Hartson - Why?
Worthington - no
Brown - Absolutely f00kin no
Steve Lomas - Absolutely f00kin no
Fowler - Absolutely f00kin no

Curbishley 41s - No
Megson - Absolutely f00kin no
Keegan - Absolutely f00kin no

I'm not really buying into the Warburton hype. It's got a bit of "beginner's luck" attached to it. He hasn't had to buy players, he hasn't had to change anything, just continue what Rosler started.

I genuinely am not fussed who comes in as long as they are positive and attacking.

​Yeah, a bit like Moyes at Old Trafford, all the staff were there, all he had to do was continue what Fergie started.

Second bit, that rules out Lambert, and thank Christ for that, the dullest man in football, I would find it very difficult to give him my full support, miserable get.

I'm not really buying into the Warburton hype. It's got a bit of "beginner's luck" attached to it. He hasn't had to buy players, he hasn't had to change anything, just continue what Rosler started.

I genuinely am not fussed who comes in as long as they are positive and attacking.

​Surely that's the equivalent of saying Ancelotti has just carried on what Mourinho started at Real Madrid.

Is there any proof Warburton didn't sign the players? I've been wanting to know this, as they've made some great signings.

But I think it's harsh labelling it as beginners luck. He got them promoted, not Rosler, and took them to the brink of the playoffs in his first season in the Championship.

He sets the team out to play a certain way, he trains them, he works with the players on a daily basis. I don't thnk any average Joe could do what he has done.

Yes he might not do so well elsewhere - a number of managers fail to replicate form elsewhere and slightly outside their comfort zone. But I think that's harsh what you've just put.

Can someone explain to me what is so great about Dyche.?

I'm seriously missing it. 

​I just look at the squad of players he has and the performances they put in. It bends the logic of football.

The only bad thing I would say regarding Dyche is that he's the one that put the team together. He won promotion and then went and signed Marvin Sordell. 

I'd be very hesitant about his transfer policy, but as a coach I think he's done a great job with a poor side. 

In any sense, he's achieved a lot more with Burnley than McClaren has with Derby. 

Archived