Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

​I count about 8 I would accept, very few I'd be happy about.

Might I ask which you'd be delighted about?

​No

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Ya big tease

​I must confess that some of the names are cringeworthy, but it would be hilarious to see some of my fellow Rams fans' brains explode on occasion. What I cannot see is Mel Morris (or whoever) taking the cheap option just for the sake of it. For the life of me I cannot understand why Gary Rowett's name is continually in the list of prospective candidates, but at the end of the day it's not my money.

​I must confess that some of the names are cringeworthy, but it would be hilarious to see some of my fellow Rams fans' brains explode on occasion. What I cannot see is Mel Morris (or whoever) taking the cheap option just for the sake of it. For the life of me I cannot understand why Gary Rowett's name is continually in the list of prospective candidates, but at the end of the day it's not my money.

​Its the old 2+2=4, former player now manager + former club without manager = solution.

They're really are some depressing options in there

1e24dfe274464e2ff41cb359b5cbca2c.png

why don't we just create like the equivalent of the avengers but management style.

Sam Allardyce- the hulk

Paul Clement -Captain America

Jurgen Klopp- Thor 

Jimmy Floyd- Nick Fury

Igor Stimac- Ironman

Gary Rowett- Hawkeye

and Sean Dyche- Black widow? god footballs so sexist we don't even get linked with one female manager.

Anyway the management team will assemble and we will defeat evil 

Rowett in to 4s. Dyche now at 6s. Although a huge Mac fan, I'm actually heartened by the list.

I don't want Rowett, but I can't especially explain why not. Clearly he did a good job at Burton and Birmingham were in absolutely dire straits when he took over. Many said he was mad to go there and would destroy his reputation. Massively inexperienced compared with Mac, and nowhere near the same connections.

Dyche was lucky with Burnley last season, playing a tiny squad, but he got them over the line, and with no investment they were able to hang around in the Prem and threaten safety. I think of him as more a Billy Davies type manager than having the flair of some of the others, but sometimes efficiency gets the job done. Has crossed the line once, knows the division, but doesn't have Mac's contacts.

JFH continued Rowett's good work at Burton. Massively inexperienced compared with Mac.

Jokanovic I don't know much about, but the pervceived wisdom is that a club in turmoil, frequently changing managers, cannot win promotion. He turned the rule book on its head, as the 4th Watford manager this season, but the one who took them by the scruff of the neck and won them automatic.

Warburton is a modern manager who worked miracles with an attractive Brentford side.

Adkins' star has fallen massively, but a few years ago I'd have bitten your hand off to have him and would have far preferred him to Clough.

Klopp is a maverick. In the infinitessimal possiblity he wants to repeat history and take the sleeping East Midlands giant and turn us into the best team in Europe, I suppose I could go for that. Has the experience and the contacts, and the charisma!

Looking further down, I'd have bitten your hand off for Poyet not so long ago too. Don't see why he wouldn't be good, and would have a point to prove.

Clement is an unknown in management. One of those people who appears better every day that passes when he's not been a manager. He doesn't know the division. He's clearly a highly regarded coach with good contacts. He's still the bookies' favourite. Can he deliver?

Rowett in to 4s. Dyche now at 6s. Although a huge Mac fan, I'm actually heartened by the list.

I don't want Rowett, but I can't especially explain why not. Clearly he did a good job at Burton and Birmingham were in absolutely dire straits when he took over. Many said he was mad to go there and would destroy his reputation. Massively inexperienced compared with Mac, and nowhere near the same connections.

Dyche was lucky with Burnley last season, playing a tiny squad, but he got them over the line, and with no investment they were able to hang around in the Prem and threaten safety. I think of him as more a Billy Davies type manager than having the flair of some of the others, but sometimes efficiency gets the job done. Has crossed the line once, knows the division, but doesn't have Mac's contacts.

JFH continued Rowett's good work at Burton. Massively inexperienced compared with Mac.

Jokanovic I don't know much about, but the pervceived wisdom is that a club in turmoil, frequently changing managers, cannot win promotion. He turned the rule book on its head, as the 4th Watford manager this season, but the one who took them by the scruff of the neck and won them automatic.

Warburton is a modern manager who worked miracles with an attractive Brentford side.

Adkins' star has fallen massively, but a few years ago I'd have bitten your hand off to have him and would have far preferred him to Clough.

Klopp is a maverick. In the infinitessimal possiblity he wants to repeat history and take the sleeping East Midlands giant and turn us into the best team in Europe, I suppose I could go for that. Has the experience and the contacts, and the charisma!

Looking further down, I'd have bitten your hand off for Poyet not so long ago too. Don't see why he wouldn't be good, and would have a point to prove.

Clement is an unknown in management. One of those people who appears better every day that passes when he's not been a manager. He doesn't know the division. He's clearly a highly regarded coach with good contacts. He's still the bookies' favourite. Can he deliver?

Lots of biting going on here.....Suarez in disguise? :thumbsup:

Archived