Q&A with SM and SR...

TroyDyer

​Hi Ronnie, welcome back.

If you believe that league position is related to transfer fees and wages, then surely you must agree that Mac has DCFC in about the right position or maybe even higher? Don't forget Forest and Fulham spent probably our whole budget on one player!

Getting a team up out of this league should be nigh on impossible given the parachute payment debacle coupled with FFP.

To see us in with a shout and watching us play good football (up until 2 months ago) is a good achievement, not a failure in my opinion.

​I think he's done a decent job GStar, I've never said anything different despite what others are interpreting my posts as.

There is no denying though that based on last years performance and how much he's increased his spending by, the team have gone backwards, both in terms of league position and in number of points.

Don't forget last season was hampered by the guy who had the season condemned to mediocrity by October. So with a full season under his belt without the hindrance of Clough screwing up the start, then it makes all the more obvious.

Sorry if full fans like Eddie see that as me being on a Clough crusade. I just tell the truth, like i always did.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wading into the argument as in my eyes neither Mac or Nigel need to be compared. It was an evolution. The journey from the PL to back to the PL hopefully we have them both to thank. One for clearing the mess and leaving a team of footballers. Mac for coming in and taking the leash off. That's it for me. No comparison. They're part of our journey. 

But I just wondered where we've spent £7m? Not arguing I just can't think.

​I think he's done a decent job GStar, I've never said anything different despite what others are interpreting my posts as.

There is no denying though that based on last years performance and how much he's increased his spending by, the team have gone backwards, both in terms of league position and in number of points.

Don't forget last season was hampered by the guy who had the season condemned to mediocrity by October. So with a full season under his belt without the hindrance of Clough screwing up the start, then it makes all the more obvious.

Sorry if full fans like Eddie see that as me being on a Clough crusade. I just tell the truth, like i always did.

​Looking at points and league table position does not tell the whole story though to be fair.

One of our best players of last season has missed nearly the whole season and our top scorer has probably missed 25% of the season.

Taking them excuses away, I would still agree that we have gone backwards slightly this season or certainly never reached the heights of some of the great performances towards the end of last season.

Not wading into the argument as in my eyes neither Mac or Nigel need to be compared. It was an evolution. The journey from the PL to back to the PL hopefully we have them both to thank. One for clearing the mess and leaving a team of footballers. Mac for coming in and taking the leash off. That's it for me. No comparison. They're part of our journey. 

But I just wondered where we've spent £7m? Not arguing I just can't think.

​Me too!

I think with these figures emerging it must be quite obvious that we broke our transfer record for Thorne.

Wonder if there were quite sizeable loan fees for Best and Ibe?

​Hold on, we have three players on the books who can play the 1 defensive position - how many more do you want us to sign? Sometimes, unlucky is a word that can be applied.

​So , Barkers on our books , was he available to play in August ? , if  you are going to disagree give valid reasons.

I say again Mascarell is not and never will be IMO  a defensive midfielder .

I also say again at the start of the season we had one , Eustace

I keep repeating my self , must take some Gavascon :-).

Eustace games results 13  8  4  1

Mascarell's           22  10  5  7  .

I think you are baffled and making it up my old duffer of a friend.

The accounts relate to a year not a season.

Still don't let that stop you or indeed others having a go at me just for posting.

My usual pro Clough hobbyhorse? Thanks to bully boy keyboard warriors like you and your mate SRG I dont even post here anymore.

Still well done, at least you're a full fan.

​man up ffs! 

​man up ffs! 

​Says the man who disappears more often than harry Houdini ;-)

I only ever came here to talk about football Mostyn, the rest of it, the insults (given as well as taken) was very tiring indeed.

I enjoy my life much more when I'm not wasting it arguing with forum wide boys.

I asked John Vicars about this and he said when last polled, the majority of fans were in favour of goal music...  ?

​I don't believe that for one second. Who in their right mind would be in favour of goal music? Madness

​The accounts don't relate to the current season, do they?

You're off on your usual pro-Clough colonically irrigated hobbyhorse, blaming McClaren for fecking up this season, but the accounts relate to last season - when McClaren resurrected the season which your man had already condemned to the dustbin of history by October.

I might be old and baffled and making this up, of course.

​The transfer fee figure that Ronnie is referring to relates to this season

​The accounts don't relate to the current season, do they?

You're off on your usual pro-Clough colonically irrigated hobbyhorse, blaming McClaren for fecking up this season, but the accounts relate to last season - when McClaren resurrected the season which your man had already condemned to the dustbin of history by October.

I might be old and baffled and making this up, of course.

​The transfer fee figure that Ronnie is referring to relates to this season

​I think this is slightly unfair, though does have some truths in it.

At our best last season, we were better and played better than any game we have this season. But, there were also a fair number of incidents last season which massively helped us and people overlook that.

The likes of Blackpool and Hudderfield getting men stupidly sent off, lucky wins against Sheff Wed and Brighton, last minute goals against Yeovil, Watford etc.

Some say you make your own luck, but I refuse to accept that is nothing other than coincidence. Bournemouth this season - how many red cards and penalties? It's abnormal, because not even more attacking teams like Real Madrid get that much luck.

Last season we were lucky in a number of games and it helped us achieve a higher points total. This season has been the opposite - we've conceded more last-minute goals than we've scored, had far more injuries, dodgy refereeing decisions (Wolves away!), players such as Bryson failing to replicate last season's form, but regading position I think it will be irrelevant because the top four all look set to break our 85 point mark from last season.

McClaren has made mistakes this season, but quite a lot has been out of his hands and we've still managed to (fingers crossed) secure a play-off position. 

On the actual Q&A, can someone ask McClaren why it has taken the staff this long to play Dawkins at CM?

Can somebody also ask if Bryson ahd Hendrick have clauses in their contracts which state they must make X amount of appearances this season - because I can't for the life of me understand how or why they keep getting picked for the first-team XI.

I think you are baffled and making it up my old duffer of a friend.

The accounts relate to a year not a season.

Still don't let that stop you or indeed others having a go at me just for posting.

My usual pro Clough hobbyhorse? Thanks to bully boy keyboard warriors like you and your mate SRG I dont even post here anymore.

Still well done, at least you're a full fan.

​You have a strange way of demonstrating a negative. You say you don't post, but in the last couple of hours you have been omnipresent to the point of ubiquity.

Also, for someone who has the audacity to criticise what you perceive as my insults to others, you seem to demonstrate a peculiar lack of restraint in seemingly stooping to the same level yourself. In posts today you have repeatedly made references to my age, insinuating senility, calling me a duffer, suggesting that I am baffled and being a 'silly old bugger'.

There's a word for you (well, there are several) - but the one that someone as supposedly intelligent as yourself must surely agree with, given your posts aimed in my direction over the last hour, is hypocrite.

Yes, don't we all fondly remember those Clough days, it was so good, do you remember how many turned up for the game against Ipswich when Mac took over?

thats how much we were enjoying Clough's football

regularly getting 5 or 600 hundred away from home to watch us try and, usually unsuccessfully, grind out a nil -nil, great days they were, have you tried to get a ticket for an away game recently? If you don't get in quick you've got no chance. Why's that then?

must be all down to the previous manager because his names Clough

Yes, don't we all fondly remember those Clough days, it was so good, do you remember how many turned up for the game against Ipswich when Mac took over?

thats how much we were enjoying Clough's football

regularly getting 5 or 600 hundred away from home to watch us try and, usually unsuccessfully, grind out a nil -nil, great days they were, have you tried to get a ticket for an away game recently? If you don't get in quick you've got no chance. Why's that then?

must be all down to the previous manager because his names Clough

​I've never met this ronnieronalde character to my knowledge (in fact there are very few people on here I have knowingly met), and I'm sure that he is a perfectly decent bloke when he isn't trying to wind me up, but I'm willing to bet that he doesn't go to many away matches. The camaraderie and enjoyment travelling all over the country week-in, week-out watching The Rams is blooming brilliant - win or lose, and as you say, the few hundred who used to go had to, on occasion, put up with some pretty turgid stuff. It's fun now, and the support for the team is superb with three, four, five thousand on occasions all pulling together.

I think the main reason I get so angry at the rumour-mongers is that I am enjoying supporting Derby now more than I have for probably 40 years, and don't want anybody to sour things. I've never been one to subscribe to the "There is no smoke without fire" school of thought, because by and large they relate to not even rumours, but rumours of rumours. 

Yeah, it amazes me TBH,

just been looking back at the stats on Derby mad and the week before that Forest game when Clough got sacked we offered free travel to Leicester in the League Cup game and (if I remember correctly) we still only took around 800, I remember Forest fans taking the piss out of us because of it.

fast forward to this season and we've sold out most away matches. Says it all for me.

I'm going who's buying me a pint then lol ! .?

I'm (crash) fkd off (crash) that i've not had an invite.

i'll ring them up tomorrow and demand a ticket.

if i get one i'll buy you a pint.....and we can discuss why this forum still keeps crashing.

​You have a strange way of demonstrating a negative. You say you don't post, but in the last couple of hours you have been omnipresent to the point of ubiquity.

Also, for someone who has the audacity to criticise what you perceive as my insults to others, you seem to demonstrate a peculiar lack of restraint in seemingly stooping to the same level yourself. In posts today you have repeatedly made references to my age, insinuating senility, calling me a duffer, suggesting that I am baffled and being a 'silly old bugger'.

There's a word for you (well, there are several) - but the one that someone as supposedly intelligent as yourself must surely agree with, given your posts aimed in my direction over the last hour, is hypocrite.

​Eddie pal, calm down. If I've offended you with those old man type insinuations then I'm sorry.

I live by the rule that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. You rip the piss out of me on most occasions when I post these days even at one point calling me the village idiot of football knowledge.

I agree that sometimes I can't bite my tongue but you turned nasty on me long before I responded. maybe it's childish but my natural reaction is to fight back and to defend my corner.

Even on this thread, totally out of the blue you launched accusing me of bullshitting figures. You just went off on your high horse, now if you're going to dish out posts like that you can't then get all hoity toity when some comes back, I read this board most days even when I don't post and I'm staggered at the number of times you launch into your half fan tirades totally unprovoked.

You could always apologise to me for getting it wrong about the accounts instead of continuing with the argument. i would accept that apology.

Archived