£60m war chest waiting for Mc at Newcastle

irobinson

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Newcastle will want McClaren, but if he goes there then so be it.

He's done a good job here, no denying that, but it's not the end of the world if he goes - far from it. 

The past month or so has shown that he's struggled to deviate from the tried and tested method at Derby. While frustrating, it's nothing to call him out on but would cushion the blow of losing him.

There's plenty of managers that could do better with our budget/squad, that I'm sure of. 

I do want McClaren to stay, but I wouldn't be too beat up about him leaving either.

Newcastle will employ the Borussia Moenchengladback manager. 

McClaren won't want to work under the structure Newcastle have, which isn't based on anything that's ever been successful. It's more like the 'committee' that Forest used in Billy's first spell.

the Mirror, who broke this story, hate Derby and have never got a scoop right in the last 30 years!

The words "done deal" are the biggest loads of ****** going, that would be illegal. There's no way Sam Rush would allow such a deal to ruin our promotion rush if he's sanctioned it. Which he hasn't.

Lock the thread and stop this bullsausage.

You lot talked about Martin being injured so much, it eventually happened. You lot talked about us struggling against the better teams so much, it eventually happened. JUST STOP!

Warburton would come here 100%! Great academy facilities etc. and a transfer policy where the manager has the last say! Macca had been lauded by the ownership group and has had all the resources needed to get us up! We have kept every player from last year apart from wisdom yet performances are worse! There is no loyalty in football today! Let him go to newcastle......there will be a decent compo package if he does leave! 

Why do we entertain such bullshit posts and such bullshit newspaper alledgations.

Its the Mirror FFS, when have they ever got anything correct when it comes to speculation.

I dont think they EVER have.

Please someone put this nonsense to bed

the Mirror, who broke this story, hate Derby and have never got a scoop right in the last 30 years!

​Alan Nixon was at the Mirror, had the Bamford and Wisdom "scoops", wheres the Mirror hate us paranoia come from? I doubt they are sat in the offices thinking how they can piss Derby fans off today

think the belief they hated us is the Maxwell link - the thirty year claim seems yo fit that too

​Ahh, before my time that, was only 3...I wonder how many journalists have come and gone in that time yet the hatred for Derby County still exists.

I know someone who is very high up in the sports direct corporation. 

Its fine if he goes,  warburton will be a great replacement. 

From everything I've heard from a number of different people it was agreed around a month ago, and the players were made aware then. 

​absolutely impossible.

We all know there are no secrets in football. A deal would be illegal unless it had been sanctioned by Derby County. There's no way a deal would be done in the midst of a promotion run. There's no way that a man as business savvy as Sam Rush would entertain the conversation at such a vital part of the season. If Sam was going to Chelsea (another rumour) there would be a notice period and gardening leave, such that someone else would now be making the decisions. 

There's not so much as a murmur about this, and there is nothing from the Newcastle end, which you'd think with it being such a hot rumour here, it'd have got to Newcastle by now.

Archived