Enjoying this season?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defintiely enjoying it, you cannot help but be excited about almost every game now can you..?

I have managed to get over for a load of games this season, and it is great, the excitement starts weeks in advance for me, as soon as the flights/holidays from work are booked then it begins....and this and last season are the only two I can remember where i was totally spoilt for choice as to which game to go to...the previous seasons i have jsut thought, "well, i guess its the red dogs game then"....and thats about it, this season a home game against Bolton is exciting and an away game at Millwall is goign to be awesome.

For all those who aren't enjoying it, relax, sit back and enjoy the ride....it will all work out in the end and you will look back on the season and say....."i was there the year we almost threw it away and came back from the dead to get promotion"

The last few games have really taken the shine off the season but if we'd have been in exactly the same position we are now but had the rubbish run of results at the beginning of the season instead of the last 6 games, we'd all be feeling a lot better than we are now. Expectations have been raised so much this season that anything short of top 2 will be seen as a failure by many.

Im definitely enjoying it! After he who shall not be named's reign, the feeling of challenging with the best of them is thrilling. the rough patch has been a bitter pill to swallow after seeing a great team who could rip apart a team 5-0, nick a point or 3 in the ugly fashion. the only downsides have been the injuries and the media linking anything and everything to everyone.

The only way is up for us.

DERBY TILL I DIE

I've enjoyed it. I look forward to games. 

I didn't really realise I'd stopped looking forward to matches. Just used to roll from one week to the next. 

Actually think to myself now stuff like "got the xxx game on Saturday" to cheer up. 

Used to be "got football on Saturday". Kinda like a "gotta nip to see my boring uncle" thing. 

​Absolutely this. It's not like I wasn't enjoying going to games before, but I wouldn't really look forward to it or be excited for it unless it was a big game like Forest or someone. Now I really do look forward to every game.

Not been to a match in a while. But the last two seasons are the first time in a long while I can remember actually being excited about being able to listen to the match if my own footy wasn't on. Not like I ever lost interest, just that nervous excitement is back.

Like life, it isn't the destination, but the journey...

Confession!

On numerous occasions when Lord Brian was in charge I/we were worried that 'The bubble would burst' (to quote friends who supported Burton Albion) and that our fish were too small for the vast ocean in which we found ourselves swimming.

There was a confidence engendered by a brilliant management duo and a settled team who knew each other's strengths inside out and played to them.

I enjoyed watching them immensely. I can't say that I have always enjoyed being a Rams supporter since then but I have never contemplated changing allegiance even when Maxwell took over! I didn't enjoy our time under Docherty, nor the last mind numbing premiership season but.......

I have enjoyed last and this season better than any since Dave Mackay managed us!

Promotion or not!

Things enjoyed:

the east stand is a good idea, the way we can get better quality loan players, a manager who makes subs that often have a positive effect, there's often a plan B, we have won quite a few games we probably fluked, scoring 5 goals in games 

Not enjoyed:

the moaning fans at matches, they start within the first damn minute, the injuries, the Bucko bashing, Grants tendency to slap instead of catch, losing against Nottingham. 

Archived