Enjoying this season?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

The game against Birmingham was the most gut wrenching , but some of the football we have played has been sublime. In answer to the question, ask me at the end of the season. Not going up after two barnstorming seasons would be very very disappointing. 

I'm enjoying it - although sometimes that 'enjoyment' is in a rather perverse manner. Our current run reminds me a little bit of playing Football Manager - the tried and tested method suddenly stops working (in Derby's case the injury to Chris Martin) and no matter what you try, the solution can't be found. You can see what McClaren is trying - but like at Wolves, even when things are looking promising, a spanner (a new nickname for Craig Forsyth?) gets thrown in the works.

Travelling away has seen some great times on the road, and I tick off the days to the tickets becoming available (Huddersfield tickets purchased today - hooray). At least the boo boys stay at home.

I wrote a post over a week ago criticising fans for not enjoying the season when they should have.

There'll be a time, like there was for many years, where we could only dream of having a season like this, doing things the right way, entertaining, getting the plaudits etc... yet fans ruined it for other fans by constantly worrying about what might come, now they cannot appreciate the good things that have happened and are stuck in the self serving doom and gloom which they bought on themselves.

Quite honestly?

its been a season of either two halves or three thirds. was great up until around end November, then started finding it tougher away from home more regularly (defeats to Leeds then Boro plus an increase in draws) and more recently not able to buy a result.

all the factors are linked together as without results the players lose the joy and that seems the biggest shame of all.

Supporting Derby last year was like being on magic mushrooms. It took a while to get good and at one point it could have gone either way, but it suddenly burst into life and was magical for a while. Then, just as the high threatened to take you to Jupiter, we were hit out of nowhere with a crushing comedown.

This season has been more like a long weekend on Cocaine. It kicked into life pretty much straight away before paranoia and our own fears got the better of us, so we did another line and felt invincible for a spell when suddenly our own arrogance and self importance has come along and left us a shell of our former selves and needing our friends help to get us home.

I've not been a lot but Fulham away in the League Cup, Bournemouth home and away were up there with some of the best days I've had following the Rams. Maybe if I'd been more often the digs and malice of our fans would have got to me more.

Here's to the last 6 games, wherever they take us.

I'm enjoying this season a lot. We are in top 6, we are often playing very well and our finance is on solid ground. We might go up, we might not but we certainly aren't good enough to expect to that happen for sure since there are good enough teams elsewhere.

And best of all I've finally made some friends in the real world Pointy Room. :)

I have enjoyed this season very much,even with the ups and downs that the Rams have had(Injuries,form,etc.).

Admittedly,frustrating at times to have to listen to radio or if not on tv,pray a stream can be found.I would love to be financially stable enough to just jump on a plane and fly over and watch Derby in person...but just not feasible right now.But I will get over to UK eventually.

As others have mentioned and noted,the sheer amount of times some on this forum and other places(Those who went to games giving reports,comments on articles,etc.) have talked trash about the players or management got old a long time ago

What will be this season is still up in the air,but regardless of where we finish or what happens,I personally intend to enjoy the rest of he ride.

COYR! :)

Archived