Best Derby individual player performances you can remember...

Ambitious

PistoldPete2

Great thread. Was at so many of those games, including the 4-1 against Real Madrid and the 8-2 over Spurs. So, in the old era, Roger Davies scoring 5 and having 2 more perfectly good goals disallowed in a 5-0 win over Luton.

And I'll never forget Addison's will to win the local DERBY, even if it was thwarted in the Atwell game. I'd have built the team around him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would think roger Davies performance against Luton must be  a strong candidate. I heard he scored 5 but could have had 10. For anyone who was there is that true?

PistoldPete2

​Yep.

2 disallowed, hit the bar, hit the post, couple of brilliant saves by their keeper too. Roger was on fire that week, having bagged a brace the Saturday before at Newcastle.

Interesting to see the name of Miles Addison crop up in this thread which made me think of players like Miles who we think would have gone on to great things had injury not intervened. I'm thinking of him in particular but also Craig Ramage and Giles Barnes. Any others?

Interesting to see the name of Miles Addison crop up in this thread which made me think of players like Miles who we think would have gone on to great things had injury not intervened. I'm thinking of him in particular but also Craig Ramage and Giles Barnes. Any others?

Also I remember Marco Reich having a decent game against Millwall back in about 2004, he scored a great free kick which kept us up! I loved him when he first came in but I remember he lost a bit of spark because of his asthma I believe, but if he'd been at his best with tommy smith on the other wing we would have had a fierce attack.

Speaking of Tommy Smith, there must be a game where he was outstanding because I remember he was always causing problems for the opposite team. When he and Idiakez left I was gutted.

Esteban Fuertes debut. Branko Strupar debut. I'm sure there's more in this vain!

Some of Kinkladze's spells were utter genius. I'm pretty sure Igor had the odd game in 95 where he looked untouchable.
Eranio and chicho early 96 put in a couple of master classes too. Can't remember individual games but those stand out.

Archived