Best Derby individual player performances you can remember...

Ambitious

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne vs Brighton in the Home leg of the playoffs... need I say more?

I've seen better performances on highlight packages and videos but I wasn't there. Best individual performance I have witnessed and remember in my 19 year life is that one.

That whole game will live with me forever I think. My second favourite Derby game ever, just behind that 1-0 win over United in 2009. That cup run was the only decent thing Jewell ever did really... That game was about the magnitude of the result. The Brighton playoff game was the performance, atmosphere, result, everything was just amazing. Thorne, Hughes and Bryson made them look like a non-league side.

I will always remember the incredible performance of a substitute away at Portsmouth. They were the best team in the 2nd tier and won the league. We were losing and he came on 2nd half and scared them to death. He scored and set one up and they couldn't get the ball off him. Eventually they re took control when they realised the rest of our squad couldn't do what he did and they won comfortably in the end. But for around 20 minutes he was a magician.

His name: Giorgi Kinkladze.

McMahon was one who liked to dish it out, but couldn't take it when he was on the receiving end. Mickey Lewis certainly sorted him out that day!

Mickey Lewis v Liverpool early 80's He kicked the sh!te out of  Steve Mcmahon for around 75 minutes and then put  Molby on his arris within a minute of him coming on to replace McMahon.

Great thread. Was at so many of those games, including the 4-1 against Real Madrid and the 8-2 over Spurs. So, in the old era, Roger Davies scoring 5 and having 2 more perfectly good goals disallowed in a 5-0 win over Luton.

And I'll never forget Addison's will to win the local DERBY, even if it was thwarted in the Atwell game. I'd have built the team around him.

Malcom Christie VS United, 2-0 down and we drew 2-2. I can't remember if he had a particularly good game but he scored both goals and had a third ruled out when I believe Barthez had only one hand on it. Good game.

Archived