Raul Settling In Well

Tombo

In the first of dcfc.co.uk's two-part exclusive interview, Raul Albentosa says he is enjoying life both on and off the field at Derby.

"Some players struggle to adapt straight away, but this move has been made easy by the people that are around me."

Raul Albentosa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's looked okay so far, certainly looks like a player adapting and hopefully after a full pre season with us next season we will see him develop and improve even more. Not to rule out that we won't see more from him before the end of the season though. 

I wasn't one of the fans before we'd even seen him play going on about how amazing he is going to be. And I'm certainly not one of the ones who has criticised him already after only four games, in which the team is struggling anyway. He's pretty much settled in how I expected he would, showed signs of inexperience in this environment but shown that he is strong, a good reader of the game and can certainly win most his headers.

I look forward to seeing how far he can go and its nice to see the other spanish lads helping him bed in! Also hopefully once his english is better, he will be able to talk and organise the defence around him much better.

You know, I really did consider whether or not I wanted to put this thread up because I thought maybe it would end up giving people a platform to slag off a player who's not really played much yet.

But I thought "no, I'll show the guys on dcfcfans, I'm sure they'll be interested to read this and will not turn it into an immature slanging match".

More fool me, I should have known better.

You know, I really did consider whether or not I wanted to put this thread up because I thought maybe it would end up giving people a platform to slag off a player who's not really played much yet.

But I thought "no, I'll show the guys on dcfcfans, I'm sure they'll be interested to read this and will not turn it into an immature slanging match".

Well I'm glad you did put it up, obviously I'm not as ITK as fans who've seen him play but I was interested to read positive news regarding the "Derby family" and ting. I have been wondering if all is not as good as it has been behind the scenes as it has been in the past.

Archived