Statistically Derby have the best passer in the division. But who?

admira

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Yep, more proof that we are obviously the worst team in this division. We only ever pass backwards.

Bring back Andrejs Perepļotkins I say. Now there was a player who knew how to..... do.... whatever he was supposed to be good at....

​George Thorne is the best in the division for ball recoveries per minute for an outfield player that has played more than 90 minutes. One ball recovery every 6.33 minutes. 

In the Derby team, of outfielders who've played more than 100 minutes, Mascarell is the second best, Hughes third, Eustace fourth and Hendrick fifth. Surprisingly Dawkins in sixth.

I remember when there were a lot of complaints about Dawks passing backwards.

Then I checked it up and found out he makes more foward passes per match than any of our other wimgers - Ince, Lingaard, Ward and Russell.

But that doesn't fit anyone's agenda on him so it was quickly ignored.

I remember when there were a lot of complaints about Dawks passing backwards.

Then I checked it up and found out he makes more foward passes per match than any of our other wimgers - Ince, Lingaard, Ward and Russell.

But that doesn't fit anyone's agenda on him so it was quickly ignored.

Agenda? Are you mad?  We all have one thing in common. We all want Derby to do well, however, we may disagree with the means. But there is no agenda here. Dawks is just not dangerous enough for the position he plays. if you want him for his good up post, then play him instead of Martin, and not on the wing, where you need to be direct and attacking. 

​There is a clear agenda, because people blatantly make things up and lie about Dawks - and other players - they simply don't feel are good enough.

If you don't think he's attacking enough, then fair enough - no problem. But it's others that rubbish his important contributions by stating it's not hard to pass backwards and sideways when it's proven he doesn't do just this.

I've had this conversation before, but I think Dawks has a specific role in this team and on the wing he's often underused - but in some situations we almost go 4-3-1-2 as he drifts in behind the striker.

I've said for over a year now I'd play him in the middle and I think he's been badly missed during our recent poor run of form as we seem incapable of retaining possession and having movement in the final third.

We all dream of having a Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben, Ribery or Neymar on the wing who offers goals/assists galore but there some that are equally as important but without the figures, players like Arda Turan who is also incidentally  Atleti's top passer.

What is often overlooked with Dawkins is also his movement and how he creates space for others - an attribute which can't be put down to numbers.

Archived