• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my mind I imagine that as:

Derby fans "When's Martin back?"

DCFC "get Bent"

Derby fans "?"

DCFC "Don't look behind the curtain or Sam Rush will eat you"

Derby fans "but we're not as good without Martin in the side, he helps bring out the best in others"

DCFC "Thorne might be back for Watford....and tickets are still available!"

I realise that this will probably get brushed aside as some bullshit ITK knowledge, but I got a message on WhatsApp from my brother yesterday of him posing with Martin in a shopping centre. My brother isn't a Derby fan, but he asked for a photo with him anyway, to which Chris gladly accepted. Apparently he hopes to be back next week. This was a message from yesterday, so that hopefully means the Watford game, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure Martin is itching to play, but the management team will make the final call.

It is rumoured that the Worm Worrier [aka Martin] is furthering his knowledge of vermiculture by taking an accredited diploma course at Broomfield and if he passes the exams he will be entitled to use the letters 'V.D.' after his name.  ;)

Back to the question posed in the title of this thread, my thoughts are that his injury was obviously worse than first thought but that this was not fully reported to the fans in order not to have adverse an effect on the sale of season tickets etc..

Whilst I am not his greatest fan, his ability to hold up the ball before playing in a team-mate and his ability to compete in the air for high balls from some of our less cultured defenders, has been missed.

The amount of fans we have that don't rate Martin baffles me to be quite honest. If it wasn't clear before his injury that he's our most important player it certainly is now - and I cannot see how anybody could argue with that. He's the reason the 433 system we play is so effective, due to his hold up play, ability to bring others into the game and of course - his goals. As soon as he's back our performances (and hopefully results) will be much better.

P.S his diving annoys me too, but not enough to warrant spending £5m+ on a replacement (Necid, Castaignos etc.)

The amount of fans we have that don't rate Martin baffles me to be quite honest. If it wasn't clear before his injury that he's our most important player it certainly is now - and I cannot see how anybody could argue with that. He's the reason the 433 system we play is so effective, due to his hold up play, ability to bring others into the game and of course - his goals. As soon as he's back our performances (and hopefully results) will be much better.

P.S his diving annoys me too, but not enough to warrant spending £5m+ on a replacement (Necid, Castaignos etc.)

What cup game was it this season where Best started and Martin came on after about 70 minutes?

There was some decent play before hand, and we looked mostly in control, but nothing really 'clicked'.

When Martin came on, everything fit together and we tore them apart. Feels like the last few weeks - we've looked like a decent enough side, but Martin just ties everything together. We may as well rename this thread "Will we get promoted?", he is so vital to our team and we don't stand much of a chance without him.

Archived