Player of the Season 14/15

David

Player of the Season 14/15  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughes and Martin with Russell in as number three comes as no surprise. 

Russell hasn't been massively consistent this season, though, whereas I feel Martin and Hughes have been at the races more often than not. 

If Grant hadn't have fell off the side of the earth in February then he would have been a good shout, also.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions?

What's the youngest ever player to win the poty award? And can a player win poty and ypoty I  the same season?

just wondering as I'm pretty sure hughes will take player of the season, martin in second a russel in third

I cant believe that there ar emore people voted not for Hughes than have voted for him.....!!

Martin has done really really well (and should have got it last year by the way) but Hughes has been on a competely different level to everyone at the club this season.

His age shouldn't be a factor in the vote, but.....well, the number of times i say "and he is only 12 years old" during a game is increidble...

I cant believe that there ar emore people voted not for Hughes than have voted for him.....!!

Martin has done really really well (and should have got it last year by the way) but Hughes has been on a competely different level to everyone at the club this season.

His age shouldn't be a factor in the vote, but.....well, the number of times i say "and he is only 12 years old" during a game is increidble...

Hughes has only been "on a completely different level to everyone at the club" in patches, he has not been there consistently all season. People are too easy to forget the first half of the season. 

Martin was consistently our best player for whole of the first half of the season. 

But do you see what I'm getting at?  Martin is getting votes for NOT playing. He's getting votes because we can't replace him. 

That shouldn't be how it works. 

I'm a huge Martin fan. Always have been. And I had a rant when Bryson won it last year because the way Mac used Martin and what Martin provided was unreal.

Not only did he score loads he was obviously the first pass in the attacking phase (something we were frighteningly good at) but much of what Bryson could do was down to Martin. It's not been quite that way this season. He's been good. But he's been injured and Hughes has been between good and great for the majority of the season.

​He is getting votes for not playing, but only because it's showing some people just how important he is. Perhaps they didn't fully appreciate that when he was in the side. That's a possible explanation for why he didn't win it last year when he definitely should have.

I judge player of the season on who I think is the most important player to what we've done that season. For me, that's Martin. Without Hughes, I'd say we have a decent chance to make the playoffs. Without Martin, I don't think so.

But do you see what I'm getting at?  Martin is getting votes for NOT playing. He's getting votes because we can't replace him. 

I'm a huge Martin fan. Always have been. And I had a rant when Bryson won it last year because the way Mac used Martin and what Martin provided was unreal.

Not only did he score loads he was obviously the first pass in the attacking phase (something we were frighteningly good at) but much of what Bryson could do was down to Martin. It's not been quite that way this season. He's been good. But he's been injured and Hughes has been between good and great for the majority of the season.

​Exactly why voting just once at the end of the season is a bad idea, short term memories only when it comes to football. 

• 4 weeks later...

Really really want to vote martin, but half of me knows I'm being influenced by the form In his absence, can't vote for a player for not playing 

hughes gets my vote, although ince and bent have been great, nearly carried us for half a season

Yeah. If someone (ambitious) had told me I'd have Ince right up behind Hughes I'd have put him on ignore. 

Wasn't just wrong about Ince. I was spectacularly wrong. 

Actually If I got 3 votes I'd go

Hughes, Martin, Ince. 

Grant was having an awesome season until was it February? Early March? 

Archived