Heard on the grape vine

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done deal no chance.. If we get promoted Steve will take on the next challenge and see very good players come through the door. No to Rowett, just starting out and we have torn his team apart in both matches scoring 6 goals..

Sean Dyche yes, but he is an committed and trust worthy man and will probably stay at Burnley.

Bottom line is if Derby don't go up Steve will not walk away and he will see this through..

Heard on the grape vine?..........I thought they'd just opened the velodrome near the IPro.......grape vine and all?......do you think that’s for the IPro drinks?........Source from within the club........Have we got a range of Sources they have in the club and all?, that nobody can buy in the shops, what they called it? Phil Brown Source?....to put on ya bangers and mash and Dead Red Source? to stick on your chips.

We've probably got our own margarine behind closed doors and all, I think Lee Grant had a pre match chip butty during the week in training, the bap was smoothered in the club's secret margarine, and the kit man forgot to wash Lee's gloves for the match at Wolves.................what next, shirts sponsored by pickled onions or pickled eggs?  

To give the original poster his dues, I was also told by someone who works within the club that he'd signed for toon and he was off, come what may, at the end of the season.

They said it was an 'open secret'.

I still don't know what to make of that. The only justification they gave is that he still lives up that way.

But if it's true, then the idea of leaving a club, who are not only owned by several American billionaires, but also recently had what appears to be an open cheque book from a local billionaire too.

Leaving a club that has one of the brightest squads of young (mainly British) talent outside of the top 8 of the prem and leave that all for a club who can barely scrape together 13 match day players,has a fat hitler for a chairman and the only thing they can really boast is a substantial, avid fan base.

If he thinks that's his future, then good riddance to him.

If there is any substance to this I'd prefer to give Warburton at Brentford a shot rather than Rowett, not so sure Johnny Russell would be too pleased to hear this either given Rowetts attempt to have a go at him the other week. 

To give the original poster his dues, I was also told by someone who works within the club that he'd signed for toon and he was off, come what may, at the end of the season.

They said it was an 'open secret'.

I still don't know what to make of that. The only justification they gave is that he still lives up that way.

But if it's true, then the idea of leaving a club, who are not only owned by several American billionaires, but also recently had what appears to be an open cheque book from a local billionaire too.

Leaving a club that has one of the brightest squads of young (mainly British) talent outside of the top 8 of the prem and leave that all for a club who can barely scrape together 13 match day players,has a fat hitler for a chairman and the only thing they can really boast is a substantial, avid fan base.

If he thinks that's his future, then good riddance to him.

Archived