Derby County's Player of the Month for March

Ambitious

Derby County's Player of the Month for March  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's arguably been the worst month of football for us supporters since February 2012 [three losses, one draw] as we have failed to register a single win. 

I think this is perhaps our hardest Player of the Month competition because there has been no outright winner - or anyone who has played well over the course of the five games. 

I don't think the performances against Brighton, Birmingham and Wolves were that bad but still... We only picked up one point from a possible nine against them. 

Without further ado.. Let's crack on with the voting...

As it stands:
August - Cyrus Christie 
September - Will Hughes
October - Chris Martin
November - Johnny Russell
December - Johnny Russell 
January - Will Hughes
February - Tom Ince

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With our recent form,quite hard to pick this.

Grant was my MotM v Norwich due to those two massive saves he had and we got a point out of that.Then today he had that bad blunder.

Imo JR did best he could in the centre role especially when service to him was not great at times.

Hughes was solid overall.

Tough one but I am going JR.

lee grant has been the stand out player.......

for all the wrong bloody reasons.

i think you'll have to skip the award this month.

I would have said Fozzy, as during the Boro game I thought he was the one defender I wasnt worried about having the ball or dealing with a player running at him.

Then he was torrid at Wolves. Defensively that is, I thought some of his runs down the left and (attempts to) cross were an outlet for us that could have yielded something had Bent had that extra half-yard that match fitness brings. But defensively he was fragile and often out of position, especially when van la Parra came on and had him everytime he ran at him.

One game shouldn't ruin a players month, Grant also had a fairly good month, although beaten by a clever Bamford and just poor at Wolves undid his good work at Norwich.

So, I'm going to say...

Let's hope we actually have a player of the month for April...

I'm going to predict that it's going to be a tie between Lee Grant, Cyrus Christie, Richard Keogh, Raul Albentosa, Craig Forsyth, George Thorne, Will Hughes, Jeff Hendrick, Craig Bryson, Johnny Russell, Tom Ince, Whatshisface Lingard, Jamie Ward, Darren Bent and Chris Martin.

All of whom deserve the accolade for a fantastic return of 6 clean sheets and 36 goals scored.

Archived