Derby County fans online behind a username

David

What have our fans done differently to the other 23 teams in the league to deserve the above? Why do we deserve anything more than anyone else?

Do Boro deserve anything because their fans had to go to Bournemouth for a 12.15 kick off today?

You have to earn promotion through the players on the pitch. We put our faith in the owners, management, players etc. The management pick the players, the players go out and do the best they can, if it doesn't earn promotion then we don't deserve it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I've no idea what prompted the OP. Puzzled by the 'more of a fan' comments. I'm not sure I've ever read on here, someone saying that they were more of a fan than someone else. Maybe I missed it??

I'm a ST holder. This is my first season as one, and I've already renewed for next season. There have been many seasons where I have not been to a single game. I lived out of the country for 20 or so years, and was bringing up 4 little uns and paying mortgage, working weekend shifts and so on. Some years I flew over for one or two games, and some years never got here at all. I was no less of a fan then than I am now. I do not regard myself as more of a fan than ANYONE. Everyones circumstances are different. I'm now in a position where it's not a problem to be a ST holder, even with the travel from Kettering and Somerset. Lots of options for disposable income. My total spend on smoking, drinking, Gym, Sky, and Apple is ZERO :).

Re the social media stuff. It's nuts. I'm not involved with it. I don't look at it. Why does anyone have anything to do with twitter and facebook if it as full of garbabge as is talked about on here?!? Just ditch it for gods sake.

COYR

can I add my two penneth worth too.

why do long standing posters think its okay to like fun at other members for spelling etc...

why does the belief a certain poster is a wind up account still survive - despite the fact said poster has been on these or other forums for many many years?

The scraves and flanges war cry has been around longer than some of you have been out of school.

​This is technically a social media site. 

I think the point was that there are definitely people who consider themselves to be 'better fans' because they go to every away day and have a season ticket. Not all season ticket holders think this, but there's a noisy (and thick) minority that genuinely have this mindset.

I listen to almost every game on Ramsplayer as I'm away in Liverpool at uni with limited funds. I only don't listen if the other half is getting annoyed because Derby are losing/playing poorly and I'm as a result being mardy with her (last time this happened was justifiably the Fulham game).

At which point I realise it's only a game and I should probably focus on my degree/relationship.

I have a confession to make... My real name isn't Batman... It's Bruce...

I also stormed out the pub on 69 mins on Friday and refused to go back in...

I also massively agree with Daveo... keep your opinions about player on here rather than berating them... and stop getting on each others backs...

However... I'm still allowed to wind up Ninos about Chris Martin right? Please? 

I have been on this forum for exactly 8 months as of today and in that time,I have seen of ton of posts on here in regards to some posters going after others and even more so the attacking of players as well.

No way fans feel as upset and frustrated with a loss or a draw or just a bad performance as Mac,his staff, and the players do.This has already been said numerous times,but same needs to be said again:Abusing your team's players on Twitter,Facebook,at games,at the dang market,etc.,is really not needed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,that is what a forum is about.But some posters imo seem to thrive on being rude.Not sure if can't be that way in real life and an anonymous forum gives them a medium for it? Not sure.

This season has had me bite my nails,hold my chest, bang my hands on the table,etc quite a few times.But I have also clapped,yee-ha'ed, smile,etc a ton also.

I am proud to be a Derby County fan and have found myself watching tons of highlights on youtube of past seasons,reading books I got from Ebay,and just learning as much about the history of the Rams as possible.

I am a plastic but only due to location.If I were rich or lived in Derby,I would get to as many games as possible.

Whenever I do get to Derby,be it this season or whenever,I will be one happy fecker about it,meet up with some of you lot,and cheer on the Rams.

All fans of Derby and let us just back the team in the proper ways whether this forum,Twitter,etc.

COYR!

I have a confession to make... My real name isn't Batman... It's Bruce...

I also stormed out the pub on 69 mins on Friday and refused to go back in...

I also massively agree with Daveo... keep your opinions about player on here rather than berating them... and stop getting on each others backs...

However... I'm still allowed to wind up Ninos about Chris Martin right? Please? 

Just read your post Daveo how true is that mate I used to go home and away for 35 years the only thing that is stopping me now is my health I took my sons to a lot of those games and now the are true Derby County fans so i must be a plastic fan now i will take my true love to the grave with me COME ON YOU MIGHTY RAMS  Thick or thin derby fan me         

Just read your post Daveo how true is that mate I used to go home and away for 35 years the only thing that is stopping me now is my health I took my sons to a lot of those games and now the are true Derby County fans so i must be a plastic fan now i will take my true love to the grave with me COME ON YOU MIGHTY RAMS  Thick or thin derby fan me         

Archived