Derby County fans online behind a username

David

Sadly a lot of Derby fans are ******!  I've been subtly mentioning the unrealistic demands from fans for months now, the sense of entitlement they purvey is sickening sometimes. 

We were and are poor losers and seem to be even worse winners. A huge percentage of fans seem unable to handle either winning or losing. 

When we were in the Premier League, it was the stewards or Dean Sturridge's fault we were losing. When stagnating in mid table under Clough, it was Bloomfield's camp voice stopping is winning. 

This season, fans have been unable to handle victory without finding something wrong in the performance. 

I said in a few threads that this would transmit down to the players and  they would be affected, well, they have!  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

If I tweet to a Rams player it's only been good... Can't think of any reason to tweet something bad... What's the saying if you can't think of anything good to say , say nothing at all. Course we all have rant on this forum, but hopefully nothing personal against the players. Except the likes of Claude Davis, Robert earnshaw etc. 

Sadly a lot of Derby fans are ******!  I've been subtly mentioning the unrealistic demands from fans for months now, the sense of entitlement they purvey is sickening sometimes. 

We were and are poor losers and seem to be even worse winners. A huge percentage of fans seem unable to handle either winning or losing. 

When we were in the Premier League, it was the stewards or Dean Sturridge's fault we were losing. When stagnating in mid table under Clough, it was Bloomfield's camp voice stopping is winning. 

This season, fans have been unable to handle victory without finding something wrong in the performance. 

I said in a few threads that this would transmit down to the players and  they would be affected, well, they have!  

If you want your team to play well you have to be behind them the whole 90 minutes, I know a few footballers, and they get affected even if it's another player getting the abuse, all players play better with support, that doesn't mean you should not criticise them after a game  if you think they didn't give there all, if I travel  two hours to a match which as cost me and the wife around £100 including fuel and a dodgy pie, and took up my whole evening, then I feel I have a right to criticise any player that I feel didn't give their all, but also everyone as an off day, most players take criticism well and it makes them try harder, but no one should take abuse,  what I find hard to believe is that we are abusing our players when we are still in a play off place, with not all the first choice players fit, I remember all the times we didn't even make the play offs, it's not easy getting out of the championship, but with all the fans support it helps. 

If you want your team to play well you have to be behind them the whole 90 minutes, I know a few footballers, and they get affected even if it's another player getting the abuse, all players play better with support, that doesn't mean you should not criticise them after a game  if you think they didn't give there all, if I travel  two hours to a match which as cost me and the wife around £100 including fuel and a dodgy pie, and took up my whole evening, then I feel I have a right to criticise any player that I feel didn't give their all, but also everyone as an off day, most players take criticism well and it makes them try harder, but no one should take abuse,  what I find hard to believe is that we are abusing our players when we are still in a play off place, with not all the first choice players fit, I remember all the times we didn't even make the play offs, it's not easy getting out of the championship, but with all the fans support it helps. 

If I tweet to a Rams player it's only been good... Can't think of any reason to tweet something bad... What's the saying if you can't think of anything good to say , say nothing at all. Course we all have rant on this forum, but hopefully nothing personal against the players. Except the likes of Claude Davis, Robert earnshaw etc. 

I have been on this forum for exactly 8 months as of today and in that time,I have seen of ton of posts on here in regards to some posters going after others and even more so the attacking of players as well.

No way fans feel as upset and frustrated with a loss or a draw or just a bad performance as Mac,his staff, and the players do.This has already been said numerous times,but same needs to be said again:Abusing your team's players on Twitter,Facebook,at games,at the dang market,etc.,is really not needed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,that is what a forum is about.But some posters imo seem to thrive on being rude.Not sure if can't be that way in real life and an anonymous forum gives them a medium for it? Not sure.

This season has had me bite my nails,hold my chest, bang my hands on the table,etc quite a few times.But I have also clapped,yee-ha'ed, smile,etc a ton also.

I am proud to be a Derby County fan and have found myself watching tons of highlights on youtube of past seasons,reading books I got from Ebay,and just learning as much about the history of the Rams as possible.

I am a plastic but only due to location.If I were rich or lived in Derby,I would get to as many games as possible.

Whenever I do get to Derby,be it this season or whenever,I will be one happy fecker about it,meet up with some of you lot,and cheer on the Rams.

All fans of Derby and let us just back the team in the proper ways whether this forum,Twitter,etc.

COYR!

​You've posted 5700 times in 8 months!?!

I've been on here 2 and only got just over 120, need to pull my finger out I suppose...

Has anybody seen the official DCFC facebook page? What the moderator must think after reading the comments on there. 

Personally i I can't stand the bandwagoners that come out when Derby are doing well, turning up expecting us to batter somebody and when we don't sit there moaning and saying how **** we are it really grinds my gears!!

Also I've made my feelings quite clear on a few threads about the Keogh witch hunt and of course it filters through to the players, players have tweeted about the treatment of the captain. I used to believe Derby fans were different from the rest, a high breed of you will. But were just as ungrateful, fickle and moronic as the rest.

Right, I've no idea what prompted the OP. Puzzled by the 'more of a fan' comments. I'm not sure I've ever read on here, someone saying that they were more of a fan than someone else. Maybe I missed it??

I'm a ST holder. This is my first season as one, and I've already renewed for next season. There have been many seasons where I have not been to a single game. I lived out of the country for 20 or so years, and was bringing up 4 little uns and paying mortgage, working weekend shifts and so on. Some years I flew over for one or two games, and some years never got here at all. I was no less of a fan then than I am now. I do not regard myself as more of a fan than ANYONE. Everyones circumstances are different. I'm now in a position where it's not a problem to be a ST holder, even with the travel from Kettering and Somerset. Lots of options for disposable income. My total spend on smoking, drinking, Gym, Sky, and Apple is ZERO :).

Re the social media stuff. It's nuts. I'm not involved with it. I don't look at it. Why does anyone have anything to do with twitter and facebook if it as full of garbabge as is talked about on here?!? Just ditch it for gods sake.

COYR

Archived