Derby County fans online behind a username

Day

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fozzy had one bad game, **** happens. The fans have turned ugly in my eyes over the last 16 months or so, not sure I like it. So many bandwagoners expecting world class performances every game, think we should batter everyone. The Twitter abuse makes me furious.

I would say I love going to football matches. If I don't go I'm at a loose end. That is my choice. I don't think any worse of people that don't go I sometimes wish I wasn't so addicted. At the end of the day we all have one thing in common, we all want to see Derby be successful. Well most of us.

It's not just online though, is it? Some of the abuse being hurled at the players from so-called supporters at the game last night was horrific. We were all heartbroken  (well I was) but do what Eddie does and save it for the car on the way home. 

Btw we travelled via A5 and that was closed and we had to follow a tedious diversion so there was no easy route home! 

The abuse of a player at the game or via social media is disgusting.  The abuse of a players wife via twitter is also disgusting.  We need to get behind the team regardless of how we feel about the way certain individuals are playing currently.  We are ALL Derby and follow them any way our personal finances allow - no fan is better than the other, no stand is better than the other 3 so let's get behind our team and show them that we do support them - COYR!!!

Cracking post Daveo. I tend to leave posting about the football for a good few hours if we lose a game and then i will read the matchday thread first just so I can see how many stupid comments have been posted in the heat of the moment.

I've also scrapped my twitter account because, amongst other reasons I got sick to death of reading all the crap aimed at players and at other supporters. It's when you read some of the ***** posted more than a few hours after a game that you come to the conclusion that some people should not be allowed access to social media or the internet.

can I add my two penneth worth too.

why do long standing posters think its okay to like fun at other members for spelling etc...

why does the belief a certain poster is a wind up account still survive - despite the fact said poster has been on these or other forums for many many years?

The scraves and flanges war cry has been around longer than some of you have been out of school.

This, this, and this again.

Easiest way to motivate the opposition would be to pin up some of the drivel spouted by Derby fans online this season on the dressing room wall.

The word "embarrassing" is overused these days, but it perfectly describes the way I feel about our fans this season. We've confused confidence with arrogance, and expectation with entitlement. One good season in a blue moon and all of a sudden we've turned into a mini Newcastle United.

The amount of clubs that dislike us just from the way our fans are is unreal. I don't actually care what other fans think of us, they can think what they want, but it's a good way of measuring how ***** we've been this season. I bet Grant's felt like punching the ball into his own net plenty of times this season.

I am a happy plastic. I have a lovely job and lifestyle, beautiful wife, two lovely kids, and and against all that I have the ups and downs, and downs of my football club.  To get the first 5 I had to sacrifice the last 1.

I have a sense of humour, and many might say it is a warped sense of humour.  Sometime I go too far with a few posters, but I only do it with the ones I like, and who probably know anyway I like them. Banter and the Internet is good, but I agree with Daveo - there should be no thing as half fans mentioned on here, and any 'real' abuse of players or posters should not be accepted. I would ban emoticons too!!! Now COYR!!!

Good post but the reality is that fans will always go to the extremes of emotions because football is a tribal thing. I don't hate anyone in the world but I find myself using the word to describe my feelings about other clubs such as Florest or Middlesbrough. It's ridiculous really, as are some of the posts on here after a defeat, and I include my own posts in that at times. Football fans are generally the same all over the country - you only have read other club forums. I don't do Twitter so I've no experience of what it's like but to seek out players on there to abuse them is pathetic. That said the players shouldn't be immune to constructive criticism. 

As for the plastic fan thing, I was season ticket holder for years when I lived at home with my parents, travelling from Oxford to home and away games but then I got a job that meant I had to work most weekends. I've just reverted to working Monday to Friday but now with a mortgage, kids and other commitments going to watch the Rams is more of an occasional treat. Does that make me a plastic fan? I don't think so - I listen to every commentary on Ramsplayer, I've been to about a dozen matches this season and I spend money on club merchandise etc. None of us support this club for the glory - I've seen us win precisely 4 promotions in 35 years, so as far as I'm concerned if you contribute in any way to the club you are no different to even the most committed season ticket holder.

I have been on this forum for exactly 8 months as of today and in that time,I have seen of ton of posts on here in regards to some posters going after others and even more so the attacking of players as well.

No way fans feel as upset and frustrated with a loss or a draw or just a bad performance as Mac,his staff, and the players do.This has already been said numerous times,but same needs to be said again:Abusing your team's players on Twitter,Facebook,at games,at the dang market,etc.,is really not needed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,that is what a forum is about.But some posters imo seem to thrive on being rude.Not sure if can't be that way in real life and an anonymous forum gives them a medium for it? Not sure.

This season has had me bite my nails,hold my chest, bang my hands on the table,etc quite a few times.But I have also clapped,yee-ha'ed, smile,etc a ton also.

I am proud to be a Derby County fan and have found myself watching tons of highlights on youtube of past seasons,reading books I got from Ebay,and just learning as much about the history of the Rams as possible.

I am a plastic but only due to location.If I were rich or lived in Derby,I would get to as many games as possible.

Whenever I do get to Derby,be it this season or whenever,I will be one happy fecker about it,meet up with some of you lot,and cheer on the Rams.

All fans of Derby and let us just back the team in the proper ways whether this forum,Twitter,etc.

COYR!

Archived