Derby County fans online behind a username

David

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree wholeheartedly with sentiments in relation to mocking and plastic fans etc., but, I do have a problem when our commentators start giving opinions.

When Mr Dawes et al elects to give an opinion, and is critical of selected players or even formations, normally delivered in varying subtleties and insinuations, this is then presented as fact by a selection of supporters after hearing it. Even though they have not been to a game, and we have all heard it, they will immediately be ringing Radio Derby calling for the dropping of an individual player based on our commentator’s opinion.

I hasten to point out this is not based on match commentary but on supplementary opinion reflecting their own perceptions. On occasions I do not agree with their assessments after having watched the same game. A listener not having attended the game, or watched it on TV, will then offer an opinion based on what he has heard.

Cutting to the chase, for me a supporter is not entitled to opine on any individual performance without having witnessed it. It irks me greatly when I get back to my local and I hear supporters calling for the exclusion of a player based on what has been eluded via a radio pundit.

Just to add to this. I see on Facebook the club has put up an article about Mascarell with McClaren singing his praises and how the injury is a real shame. What do I see in the comments?

"He is ****" "Great news". How the hell is any player getting injured great news, let alone one that plays for the club you supposedly support. I just do not understand the mentality of some "fans" or what this kind of attitude achieves.

Just to add to this. I see on Facebook the club has put up an article about Mascarell with McClaren singing his praises and how the injury is a real shame. What do I see in the comments?

"He is ****" "Great news". How the hell is any player getting injured great news, let alone one that plays for the club you supposedly support. I just do not understand the mentality of some "fans" or what this kind of attitude achieves.

​Erm prisons today are like holiday camps, full of 70's entertainers!.......I thought I was human, first time I've been labelled as jokes.

Slightly more serious, we all have to take into account all these types of comments put on forums, facebook, twitter etc might be made by opposing fans and our own fans take the flak....when we should all be taking a nice flask for a train ride instead.

Take me for instance, no not on a train, I support Red Star Bellgrade because I had an uncle who once played....harmonica!

No discussion of the mentality of Derby fans can be taken seriously unless it takes into account the new survey of Regional Personality Differences in Great Britain widely reported in the media.

A careful analysis of the results reveals that there are pockets of high levels of neuroticism dotted about the county.

Also that the people of Derbyshire are more likely than the average to be introverted, and conscientious (favouring order and attention to detail), and less likely than average to be open to adventure and unusual experiences.

This surely explains a lot. Including the visceral fear of Keogh.

I think this season the players and the club has been a victim of it's (relative) success over the past 18 months.  A lot of fans have come to expect performances & results like at home to Wolves/Fo**st last season week in, week out, especially against the so called smaller teams in the division.  The sense of entitlement beaming from some on here and on Twitter makes them sound like neighbours up the A52.  If their comedy failures over the past decade has taught us anything, it's the fact that no team or result can be taken for granted in this league.

I don't have the chance to go to many games at the moment due to my Mrs working all weekend & I have to look after the lad but I've been going to games every season since 86/87 so I've followed us in the good times and the bad.  It just stuns me that a lot of people are choosing to class this as a bad time just because we haven't had the rub of the green for a few matches, choosing to forget some of the football we've been treated to since Schteve came in.  I'd much rather be exasperated at not being top of the league than being exasperated we failed to close the gap on 20th place or be locked in mid table mediocrity under, whats 'is name.  Fans should be thankful we're still in a shout at this point of the season.

No discussion of the mentality of Derby fans can be taken seriously unless it takes into account the new survey of Regional Personality Differences in Great Britain widely reported in the media.

A careful analysis of the results reveals that there are pockets of high levels of neuroticism dotted about the county.

Also that the people of Derbyshire are more likely than the average to be introverted, and conscientious (favouring order and attention to detail), and less likely than average to be open to adventure and unusual experiences.

I think this season the players and the club has been a victim of it's (relative) success over the past 18 months.  A lot of fans have come to expect performances & results like at home to Wolves/Fo**st last season week in, week out, especially against the so called smaller teams in the division.  The sense of entitlement beaming from some on here and on Twitter makes them sound like neighbours up the A52.  If their comedy failures over the past decade has taught us anything, it's the fact that no team or result can be taken for granted in this league.

I don't have the chance to go to many games at the moment due to my Mrs working all weekend & I have to look after the lad but I've been going to games every season since 86/87 so I've followed us in the good times and the bad.  It just stuns me that a lot of people are choosing to class this as a bad time just because we haven't had the rub of the green for a few matches, choosing to forget some of the football we've been treated to since Schteve came in.  I'd much rather be exasperated at not being top of the league than being exasperated we failed to close the gap on 20th place or be locked in mid table mediocrity under, whats 'is name.  Fans should be thankful we're still in a shout at this point of the season.

Archived