Thorne and Martin wont be back Friday, Bent Maybe - Ramsplayer

Colm

If we had shoved Martin and Thorne out against Middlesbrough, still lost but suffered further injury to either of them, wouldn't that be a complete mess?

It would be a big gamble if they are not fully fit. I don't believe the club are giving us any lies or spin, I believe, like us, they are desperate for these players back but they have to be sensible, last thing you want to do is totally ruin our hopes for the sake of one game at this stage.

With how ridiculous this championship season has been so far, a lot can change in the remaining 8 matches. Wouldn't it be better to go in to the last 7 knowing we have our best players back and ready? And I still reckon the auto spots will come down to the last game, or at least one of the spots.

McClaren's only mistake here is not adapting the style to the players we do have available.

But quit with the doom and gloom. Nothing is over!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was it that Bucko played for loads of games while injured to get us through to an international break or something, he was on pain killer injections each game. It was probably before Mac's time. so that would indicate a distinct difference between Clough and Mac. 

to be honest, I think I prefer the riskier version. To get so close this season only to **** it all up because of a few injuries would be devastating for all involved. There is no guarantee we could pick ourselves up again for next season. So I would rather throw the kitchen sink at it now to push us over the line, rather than simply limping onwards and collapsing before we get there.

Am I the only one who is getting fed up with this spin and subterfuge coming from the club. It seems to me that the chances of seeing Martin and Throne playing any more games for the rest of the season are very slim. I hope I'm wrong but got a feeling I wont be. Eustace and Bent will get a lot more game time than Martin and Thorne and even that is debatable. Besides they normally have a few games in U21 before returning to the match day squad. i havenet seen either of them even close to that yet. Plus they will take at least 3 games to get up to speed again so they wont be our saviours anyway. Season over.

Bit narked by this to be quite honest.

Pre match on Tuesday Simmo said that if chances had to be taken with players then they would take them.

Why say it if it is not true? Much easier to say they wont risk them for the long term.

If it's a smokescreen for the opposition fine, if it is pulling the wool over the fans eyes then it is out of order.

PistoldPete2

In answer to Steve Brummie by the looks of your avatar you must remember the days when we won a league title with a squad of 12 players. What has changed? We have 3 Dms and they are all injured. We have 2 cfs and they are both injured. If they had a broken leg or something like the great guy in your photo then fair enough. But niggles? Strains? Pull the other one.... No wait, don't pull anything. 

None of them will play tonight, I've given up listening to the bull that comes out about the injured players. Martin's 9th game out, that's getting on for 1/4 of a season.

They won't take risks but if now isn't the time to, I don't know what is.

In answer to Steve Brummie by the looks of your avatar you must remember the days when we won a league title with a squad of 12 players. What has changed? We have 3 Dms and they are all injured. We have 2 cfs and they are both injured. If they had a broken leg or something like the great guy in your photo then fair enough. But niggles? Strains? Pull the other one.... No wait, don't pull anything. 

Archived