Our Club

Jayweb95

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like naming rights thing. For me, Bolton is the Reebok, Huddersfield is the McAlpine. I don't even know what they currently are (and can't be arsed to look it up) but a stadium should have a permanent name and not a the whim of some marketing executive/corporate sponsor every few years. The £7m over 10 years we get from iPro isn't worth it but football sold it's soul to the money men a long time ago...

At least we can call ours Pride Park and be geographically correct, even if the stadium is called something else.

I don't like naming rights thing. For me, Bolton is the Reebok, Huddersfield is the McAlpine. I don't even know what they currently are (and can't be arsed to look it up) but a stadium should have a permanent name and not a the whim of some marketing executive/corporate sponsor every few years. The £7m over 10 years we get from iPro isn't worth it but football sold it's soul to the money men a long time ago...

At least we can call ours Pride Park and be geographically correct, even if the stadium is called something else.

​Eh?. Both were new stadiums quite understandably given a new name. My point is that those names should have been permanent.

​He's making the point that naming a new stadium after a product or company is as bad, if not worse, than flogging the rights to the highest bidder.

I was against the idea re-naming the stadium. In the end I came around to the idea of x millions being pumped into the club along with the big screen both brilliant revens makers.

I don't think we'd have the new players we got with out them.. I'm actually coming around to the idea of the I-Pro name! I'm still confused is the stadium called I-Pro but the are around it Pride park??

Unfortunately football is all about money now so if there is anyway the club can make more money it makes business sense to sell the naming rights of the ground. Like a lot of people I wasn't particularly thrilled to hear the stadiums name was changing but if it means the club can make more money to progress, compete and be more sustainable I am completely on board. Plus like people say, its not technically wrong to say "I am going to Pride Park". Its like people call West Hams ground Upton park but thats not actually the name of the ground.

Archived