Tom Ince 'firmly in Hull City plans'

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get promoted, I can't believe he'd want to stay with them. We can offer the same wages, most likely more playing time, he fits our style of play better, and unlike Hull we've got off on the right foot with him.

Even if we don't go up I reckon there's a decent chance he "does a Thorne" and ends up coming to us on either a season-long loan or a transfer. 

Basically this is a lot like Thorne. He was 'in their plans' too. It will come down to what Tom wants. If we go up, I can't imagine he will want to go back to Hull. Would you want to play for a team where you're scoring and playing your best football, for a coach who is the dogs ********, or go back and take chances fighting for a place etc etc. No brainer.We will get him but it will probably cost us, and that is what Bruce is implying. 

What's with the bad feeling towards Bruce?

Steve Bruce has done Derby a favour by loaning him out to us. He is still their player.

Derby are using the loan system as it should be used but I think it's wrong of us to suggest that we have some kind of 'right' to have a say in that players future.

He is no more a Derby player than any other club other than his parent club.

Rather than berate Bruce, I feel Derby owe him a debt of gratitude. The step up to Premiership football can be titanic for some players and who is to suggest that Ince will ever be quite good enough to play at that level.

he wont go back there - complete bobbins club

We go up - he's the first one on the contract signature, Bent will follow him also.

Lingard will go back (or stay another season on loan)

I think Derby would have been better off with Ibe but the loan of the player had a clear benefit to all.

That is the point of the loan system and McClaren is using it as it was set up to be used.

Archived