Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne is a class above most DM in the premier league he makes that roll look so simple, I thought mascarell had improved until he came on for thorne if he had of been fit we would be getting over 100 points this season ill settle for 99 pts though.

huge credit to the squad though for being were we are without him, simple really play him for 60-70 mins game over have a rest George and get ready for a tilt at Europe next season. 

The difference between, even a half fit, Thorne and Mascarell was just blatently obvious last night.

He makes himself available for the ball so often and he will take it of the defenders even when surronded (and the CBs are obviously confident enough to give it to him).

His driven passes from deep are brilliant.

I'd almost forgotten quite how good he is. No doubt the system is perfect for him too.

To have been out of the game for so long and to come in like he has has been nothing short of brilliance. 

Upped his game time to 70 mins, and hoping that knock he got was just a bruise I can see him getting 80 mins v Fulham. 

His break up play and challenges were great (the basis of his role) the other side of his game, the passing and moving us forward was a beautiful icing on the cake. 

The sooner our CB realise that a short pass to him in space will do more for the team than a punt up field the better. 

Great job George, long may this winning streak continue as we break away from the pack now:-)

I am not given to exaggeration , but I sincerely believe that , if we play in the Premiership next season , and Hughes and Thorne stay fit and play to their potential , then they can be ( with one other ) the regular midfielders in the England team .. 

Even when he had 2-3 players around him he still seemed to find some one with a nice pass. His passing is actually forward instead of back and seems he likes to pass to players stronger foot.

When he gives it away he gets it back.. what a .. Boss!

So glad he's back forgot how good he was!

Archived