Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key is the connection thats there between him and Jeff and Will. First half evidenced that, the 3 of them were constantly moving with each other. Several times, 3 or 4 little flicks and passes were exchanged within 2 seconds that completely took their midfield 2 out of the game, and led to an opportunity to attack. I would compare it to that of Barca circa Pep years, with Xavi and Iniesta, if only because when they play those quick passes with fluid movement, its devastating.

Georgie still fading second half, and understandably will do for the next few weeks while he catches up to speed. I am alot more confident for that massive 6 days when we play Boro Norwich and Wolves now.

The beauty of it is from our point of view, that most of football still doesn't know how good this boy is. 

I said from the very moment he was injured, that - so long as we were in the shouting match when he got himself fit again, we would win the title with ease. I have seen nothing that makes me feel any less confident. The guy is streets ahead of anyone in the division.

Absolutely sublime last night, and still not even fully match fit.

Any calls for Mascarell to still be in the side?

<<tumble weed>>

The beauty of it is from our point of view, that most of football still doesn't know how good this boy is. 

I said from the very moment he was injured, that - so long as we were in the shouting match when he got himself fit again, we would win the title with ease. I have seen nothing that makes me feel any less confident. The guy is streets ahead of anyone in the division.

Absolutely sublime last night, and still not even fully match fit.

Any calls for Mascarell to still be in the side?

<<tumble weed>>

The difference between, even a half fit, Thorne and Mascarell was just blatently obvious last night.

He makes himself available for the ball so often and he will take it of the defenders even when surronded (and the CBs are obviously confident enough to give it to him).

His driven passes from deep are brilliant.

I'd almost forgotten quite how good he is. No doubt the system is perfect for him too.

Thorne is an incredible player. He was unbelievably sharp again last night, too. He just knows where everyone else on the pitch is when he receives the ball. He's always in the right areas to make a tackle, win the ball and start attacks.

Him and Hughes are just outstanding footballers, with sky high potential.

I always forget how big a unit Thorne is. He doesn't really look like a bruiser, but when you see him stood next to our centre backs you realise what a monster he is. There was a point in the Wednesday game where an opposition player tried to go shoulder to shoulder with him and just bounced off. I'm not even sure Thorne noticed him.

He was certainly a class act last night and seemed to inspire confidence in Hendrick (Hughesy doesn't need a confidence boost at the minute!) but there was a noticeable and perhaps worrying deterioration in the midfield when Thorne and Hughes were substituted,me ne with the addition of Dawkins. Charlton seemed to wake up a bit in the last 20 minutes. They seemed to realise while Thorne and Hughes were on the field, their cause was lost. However, without them, they seemed a bit more interested. Hope injury and yellow card count don't creep up on us for the games against the top 6 teams.

The pass that led to Lingard's goal. Majestic.

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

Archived