Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

So, Joshua v Takam.

Fairly solid Takam but he's going to struggle to land anything. He's small and he's quite compact. There's no sort of range to his fighting. His feet are close together. 

This won't see round 5. Not Joshua's fault but he'll probably get slated by American YouTube keyboard warriors.

Pulev wasn't going far imo. He's a bully. Tries to impose his height and weight on people. So with Joshua being fast, tall and quite rangey I think that was a case of survival mode for Pulev.

Takam has nothing to keep Joshua away. 

People calling for the Whyte fight are mad. Since their fight Whyte hasn't matched that level of performance. Joshua has stepped it up by battering a decent fighter in Molina, Breazeale and then the fight with Wlad was elite qualification. He's now had what? 4,5 world title fights. Showtime, HBO etc. Whyte had a very very close scrap with Chisora. Whyte needs to go get the belt off Parker or Wilder at least. 

Edited by Alpha

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant fight, so many punches landed on the chin. Woodstock from Leicester is a decent fighter. 

Just got it up on YouTube. If the thumbnail is anything to go by I may need to watch after 9pm! 

11 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant fight, so many punches landed on the chin. Woodstock from Leicester is a decent fighter. 

Wow! Thrilling fight. Feel sorry for Poxton. Had some great rounds, battled through the pain and tiredness but by the end it wasn't close. 

58 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wow! Thrilling fight. Feel sorry for Poxton. Had some great rounds, battled through the pain and tiredness but by the end it wasn't close. 

After that fight I struggled through Nurse v Catterill which was a clash of styles and was scrappy. 

Warrington boxed well and is super fit. He wore down the Dane but he doesn't have the power to put people away. 

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

After that fight I struggled through Nurse v Catterill which was a clash of styles and was scrappy. 

Warrington boxed well and is super fit. He wore down the Dane but he doesn't have the power to put people away. 

That’s why I can’t see Warrington beating Selby now that he’s mandatory, I can’t see him winning on points and he hasn’t got the KO punch in him.

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Shock loss for AJ tonight? Something tells me the sub might give him some problems. Hope not. 

Heavyweight boxing isn't straightforward at times. 

At odds of 1-50 on, the only upset will be if AJ doesn't win inside the distance.

Decent win by Whyte too, his turn coming up in the next year or 2 at this rate.