Top Teams Run-In Analysis

Yani P

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you call 20 games to go, a run in?

Thats almot half the season

Because I needed a story and it was late at night.  :lol:

Still, it was quite interesting to write and analyse. Middlesbrough have a torrid run-in, Bournemouth have good away days left but face some big home games. Ipswich have four of the top 12 teams to play at home and away. 

We're in a great position based on the fixtures. We've got some nice home games, against teams that will arguably have little to play for when they meet us, and away from home we've got Bournemouth (we beat), Norwich (we drew with) and Wolves (we hammered) to come away out of the top 12. 

I'm not adverse to writing anything that shows Derby in a positive light, you will see that later tonight or tomorrow. 

On the outset, I would say it's ours and Bournemouth's to lose. We've both got decent run-ins in comparison to Middlesbrough and Ipswich.

However, if Middlesbrough do come through and win automatic promotion, with those games left, then they deserve a medal (they will duly get).

It is a pointless article in fairness. The halfway point in the season was 3 weeks ago.

Agreed, it's much of a muchness between most of the sides.

Any sides struggling now goes on a run and it becomes a tough game.

I had a bet on Norwich to win the league before Saturday as I liked their fixtures. That f***ed up with them losing to Brentford. 

You've arguably got a comfortable top eight. Norwich may see themselves in the play-offs at the end of the season, but Wednesday are 9 points behind.

Equally the bottom three are also cut adrift, to a certain extent. Leeds and Rotherham may be dragged into it, but the very worst case scenario is that there are 13 teams in this league that have little, nothing, to play for.

11 of our 19 games are against those sides in that 13.

I reckon Bournemouth have the easiest run-un.

But it's also worth noting that Boro's home games (Ipswich aside) look incredibly inviting and I'd be shocked if they don't win at least seven of their remainig nine home matches.

It's exciting isn't it. And don't rule Watford out of it yet either.

This thread deserves some thought, It's a game of two halves(season).... We're in the second half, and all to play for if we win all of our games we may go up, if we don't we might not, but we have as good a chance as any barring the bottom 3 or 5 :)

Boro need to be in a strong position by the time they play their final few games.

Well, they don't have to be. But you don't want Derby, Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich away when you've got much catching up to do.

In fact Boro have it quite rough

Archived