How do you get to away games?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach for anywhere further than Leicester is enough to make anyone go mental.

I went on the roadrider when we played Crawley on that horrible Monday night as it was the only way for a dole scumbag as I was at the time to get there. Not done it since.

Train is just way better. Usually as cheap or cheaper with a railcard and you can turn up as early or late as you want. Plus, there's no better way to guarantee no strangers come near you than to sit down at the table seats with a group of lads and crack open a can of Stella at 8 o'clock in the morning. Also works when alone but that has self consciousness problems attached to it.

Also I defy anyone to not feel the hairs on the back of their neck stand up when you get back to Derby station at 11pm when we've won, after thinking you and your mates were the only group of fans on the train when the shout of Derby! Derby! Derby! Goes up as you step onto the platform. Magical.

Train. Something still really bloody enjoyable about train travel if you do it right; away days, gigs, interrailing etc. 

Some great memories forged from getting pissed up on the train at 7am to some shitehole you'll never visit for any other reason than to watch a match. 

Coach for anywhere further than Leicester is enough to make anyone go mental.

I went on the roadrider when we played Crawley on that horrible Monday night as it was the only way for a dole scumbag as I was at the time to get there. Not done it since.

Train is just way better. Usually as cheap or cheaper with a railcard and you can turn up as early or late as you want. Plus, there's no better way to guarantee no strangers come near you than to sit down at the table seats with a group of lads and crack open a can of Stella at 8 o'clock in the morning. Also works when alone but that has self consciousness problems attached to it.

Also I defy anyone to not feel the hairs on the back of their neck stand up when you get back to Derby station at 11pm when we've won, after thinking you and your mates were the only group of fans on the train when the shout of Derby! Derby! Derby! Goes up as you step onto the platform. Magical.

JoetheRam you'd love a trip on the mega bus from London to Aberdeen after a 1-0 defeat to Q.P.R., it!s good for the soul, and your next trips by plane or train, are always that more enjoyable!

That's why it's good to lose, now and again, it always makes the wins that much more sweeter when they come along........Derby!Derby!Derby! when a pilot lands the plane, and everyone gets up to grab their bags out of the overhead luggage. Magical......or better still....SIT DOWN!

Don't mind how I get there but if it is car, it's a stay over, and if train it's the last one home. Going away is all about having bucket loads of beers, a good sing song, and an enjoyable day/night irrespective of the result. But if it is a win, I am usually pretty tonto come the end of the day. Lock up your daughters Bournemouth.

So what was the road rider disaster then?

Don't know what the Wembley disaster was, but on the way back from reading I think, there was a group of youths at the back drinking, they didn't really cause a problem until one was sick everywhere, he took it jumper off covered in sick and through it down the bus hitting a poor lad in the face, smell was horrible, the coach driver wasn't allowed to pull over so they couldn't clean it up until we got back to pp

Archived