Why did we sell Coutts?

Thierry Ennui

For the 150k we got him for I think we can all agree it was an excellent bargain and he's surpassed the expectations of a player supposedly worth 150k.

He did well, not great but well, and his spell here was blighted with a long term injury. I think he's a good player and wish him all the best at Bramall Lane. Hope he does well.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Mascarell, Warnock, Thorne, and even perhaps Forsyth can play midfield, before you look deeper into the reserves of the U21 well. Still would be surprised if we didn't see one more incoming defensive midfield player this window - loan, or temp to perm. No worries.

Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Mascarell, Warnock, Thorne, and even perhaps Forsyth can play midfield, before you look deeper into the reserves of the U21 well. Still would be surprised if we didn't see one more incoming defensive midfield player this window - loan, or temp to perm. No worries.

Prepare to be stunned rigid.

I would have kept Coutts and I said so on here. I now think that Warnock can do that job. Shotton would play in hot pants and a bomber jacket to get a place anywhere in the team. He loves playing for Derby. The transition is now in full sway. Coutts went because he is not Premier quality. McClaren knows that we will be in the Premiership next year, either with us or without us. He is going for broke. He has too many good players not to get promoted. McClaren's problem is unforeseen injuries to key players. Who is now irreplaceable? Only Hughes and Thorne  are now irreplaceable.

Re - Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Mascarell, Warnock, Thorne, and even perhaps Forsyth can play midfield, before you look deeper into the reserves of the U21 well. Still would be surprised if we didn't see one more incoming defensive midfield player this window - loan, or temp to perm. No worries.

I would add Shotton and even Christie in future to that list.

Judging by what McClaren said after the Blackburn game, I would say it is near certain Mascarell is playing until Thorne is ready. Think we have enough cover within.

Archived