football league show

Leon the ram 2009

Not 1comment tonight on our win or Darren bent scoring two goals sending us joint top, but Rotherham winning and that being good for there relegation battle gets a 2 minute discussion, would like to say "not bothered" but it does gripe me that there seems to be an ignore derby attitude......has our criticism from last season I.e calling it the Leicester league show and slating the show affected how or WHEN they portray us on telle...fk them anyway, next year we're on MOTD

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter?

They might be thinking that it was hardly newsworthy that we won, because we were expected to.

Either way, I hardly think that the BBC are going to amend its sporting broadcast policy just because a few idiots on an internet message board took the mickey out of them a bit last year.

Last night's East Midlands Today sports bulletin made me laugh. Despite us being the only team's game to round up, they still had to get a Forest article in.

What was this news worthy event I hear you cry?....

2 Forest players going to a primary school to judge a colouring competition.

It got mote airtime than the Derby game.

I demand a regional BBC East Midlands Today, West news programme!

Not 1comment tonight on our win or Darren bent scoring two goals sending us joint top, but Rotherham winning and that being good for there relegation battle gets a 2 minute discussion, would like to say "not bothered" but it does gripe me that there seems to be an ignore derby attitude......has our criticism from last season I.e calling it the Leicester league show and slating the show affected how or WHEN they portray us on telle...fk them anyway, next year we're on MOTD

I'm surprised that didn't satisfy you, what with all the goals coming from Derby's B-Team + one guy who wanted to play for DCFC so badly he signed up for their underachieving rivals. 

Last night's East Midlands Today sports bulletin made me laugh. Despite us being the only team's game to round up, they still had to get a Forest article in.

A lot of people (me included) only tune in for the last 10 minutes - sport and weather. I suppose they think giving all the fans something - even if it's just a good news story about some work in the community - is better than alienating one whole set of fans by not reporting anything at all for them.

Does it really matter?

They might be thinking that it was hardly newsworthy that we won, because we were expected to.

Either way, I hardly think that the BBC are going to amend its sporting broadcast policy just because a few idiots on an internet message board took the mickey out of them a bit last year.

TBF last season I felt we had decent level of coverage from the BBC sports team, more so than Leicester. The football focus special with Rush and Vickers was excellent.

I always found the FLS a bit biased last season... And then I found out from a mate who works in production at the BBC that both Manish Bhasin and the chief producer of the show are Leicester fans... Apparently last season they were actively down-weighting the time given to Forest and Derby and giving Leicester extra time...

As runaway leaders I can't knock that too much... But wonder whether they're doing the same again this season...

However I also hate conspiracy theories so I'm not sure how much I buy this anyway

Not a bad idea. They have 'East,east' and 'East, west' channels.

Do you still get the voices in your head that won't got away telling you to do it

Late Kick Off got binned and all. And we gave that show some pelters on here. Birmingham BBC studio, must have thrown all the duffers out on to the street, with some of the scruffy fans that turned up on a Monday morning when they should have all been at work grafting like the rest of us!

No Late Kick Off 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1d11wR2KQ9g6l5BN5Dr9kD5/late-kick-off

Archived