Cardiff City v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens, four of our rivals will take points off each other. In a perfect world:

Bournemouth 0 Watford 0

Brentford 0 Boro 0

Ipswich are home to Wigan.

The manager's dilemma is whether to start with Bent or begin the same starting lineup against Blackburn. Very tough on Darren, but I feel it will be 4-3-3 for the opening exchanges.

Not going because the small time Charlies who belt out God Save the Queen and Engerland repeatedly will be out in force for this one.

That said, I've never once met a nice Welshman/woman so I hope we do em over good and proper.

So you're not going because of a couple of songs that might be sung.

Bit pathetic. 

Just watched a few of Cardiff City's recent games (highlights) on youtube.

I gathered they can take a good long throw and Whittingham is an obvious threat from set pieces.

From open play they look dire, and have very little quality. Defensively they were woeful against Watford and Brentford, gave them so much space.

Reckon we could see a similar game to the 0-2 win at Bolton where the home team just look lost of ideas and barely represent a team with an actual plan or idea.

I gathered they can take a good long throw and Whittingham is an obvious threat from set pieces.

From open play they look dire, and have very little quality. Defensively they were woeful against Watford and Brentford, gave them so much space.

Reckon we could see a similar game to the 0-2 win at Bolton where the home team just look lost of ideas and barely represent a team with an actual plan or idea.

Won as many at home as us though mate .

Watched them live on Saturday and they were dreadful. I've actually seen them play three times and they've been poor and lost each game. 4 in a row?

Watched them live on Saturday and they were dreadful. I've actually seen them play three times and they've been poor and lost each game. 4 in a row?

Sometimes it can be hard to play against a bad team. That was proven against Forest!

Unfortunately, will be at a development meeting during the match :( ..but intend to sneak some updates on my phone when I can.  I very much think this should be an easy 3 points, but of course I thought the same in other matches as well. With that being said, I would love to see Bent alongside Crissy somehow and hopefully Shots starts again.

Hopefully Rams can get a good win here, and I can celebrate Saturday after work with a big damn BBQ sandwich and tater salad from Jethro's. 

COYR!

Unfortunately, will be at a development meeting during the match :( ..but intend to sneak some updates on my phone when I can.  I very much think this should be an easy 3 points, but of course I thought the same in other matches as well. With that being said, I would love to see Bent alongside Crissy somehow and hopefully Shots starts again.

Hopefully Rams can get a good win here, and I can celebrate Saturday after work with a big damn BBQ sandwich and tater salad from Jethro's. 

COYR!

That's unfortunate mate, its on Bein sport online live!

He has a fair point. Singing GSTQ and 'Ingurland' at Cardiff is small time at best. I love England but as anti monarch, club over country Englishman i find it bizarre belting out those songs in a Championship match in January. Shows how ***** our songbook is.

Ingerland is a bit lame, but at least it's got some truth in it ie we are sort of in a different country.

If I was a landowner, who was into foxhunting and had obscene wealth whilst loads of the uk had relitavely nothing, then I'd be belting out GSTQ whenever I could.

Is singing it aimed at Cardiff fans supposed to mean: "Haha, our unelected monarchy and elite are raping you lot, but not us, no way! We would never let that happen."

Surely, if God does exist, then the concept of the monarchy would make him sick.

If we do sing GSTQ, I hope Cardiff fans respond with chants about the 'outrageous' allegations against Prince Andrew. And I'm not talking about the ones where he uses taxpayers money to hang about with foreign dictators. Those are facts.

Going on the roadrider for the first time for this one. How strict are they on the no alcohol on the bus malarky? I.E do they search bags etc, and do I actually have to arrive half an hour before? Gonna be a long day, but over half the price of trains from Stoke so thought I'd give it a whirl

So Mac has a dilemma in this game. 3 likely options he has to choose from:

1) Stick with tried and tested and keep Martin up front with Bent on the bench. 

2) Stick with tried and tested but start Bent and keep Martin on the bench.

3) Go with the diamond and start both Bent and Martin. If he does that it's pretty much a dead cert Bent will score 1, 2, or 3 goals, but we may lose some of our shape. Hughes in front of OMG, will he play Hendrick wide (but cheating into the centre) like he did at the end versus Blackburn?

I wonder which will happen. Seems a travesty to keep Bent out at this point, when he's on a confidence high and scoring for fun. Time to see just how we do with Bent up front and Martin on the bench? Or will it be Bent on after 65 mins because we haven't got a lead?

Archived