Reasons To Be Cheerful 1,2,3

Tombo

1) We seem to have done really good business this January. Albentosa although having not proved anything yet comes with a good record in a top league. Warnock is a warhorse defender having an amazing season with leadership and experience that we'll need with the tough run coming up- good influence. Shotton a capable defender and can play a few different positions, for not a whole lot of money. Bent has been one of the Premier Leagues best strikers on his day, and he still seems like he has it in the locker somewhere. Deadly frontman.

And our business doesn't seem to be over just yet....

2) We have the same number of losses and draws as Bournemouth at the top of the League. If we win the game in hand, we're level on points with a similar record. We're very much in this race regardless of silly slip ups against teams like Leeds away and Forest at home. Only Ipswich and Boro have lost less than us, just one less. But two more draws and the same amount of wins. The table is tight, you just have to be in and around it for a chance to get promoted. And we're still in and around it.

3) We've beaten some of the top teams. 10 points from a possible 21 from the current top 6 and plenty of other good wins against teams like Wolves who were top 6 when we played them. Blackburn too who were up there. We beat Bournemouth without breaking a sweat. A 4-0 win against a Birmingham team resurgent. A 5-2 cup win against Fulham after going 2-0, effortlessly put goals away. Even the scapegoat Simon Dawkins got two goals- good goals too.

Now shut up moaning and get behind the team. This negativity is what will keep us down. Don't you think the players can feel it? Because they definitely can. Why do you think McClaren keeps talking about our **** support?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also be optimistic of the top end teams slipping up recently - Ipswich, Bournmouth to 10 men and vs Leeds. It's wide open, which although far from comfortable means it's ALL to play for. Consistency, consistency, consistency, achieved through being solid at the back and clinical at the front.

there are plenty more reasons to be cheerful.

We are NOT where we were 2 years ago, with the same players, coaches, atmosphere, attendances, mindset, quality, management, reputation, league position, expectation, ability etc. We have massively improved in all areas

Five wins from the last six games, including five clean sheets.

Odds-on for promotion with the bookies.

Two wins off Wembley in the FA Cup.

As said above, signed two recent England internationals in thejanuary window, plus Albentosa and Ssewankambo both sound the business.

Now financial fair play has come in and teams have to live within theirmeans, we have moved to become the most powerful financial force in the division.,

George Thorne is training with the first team. Hell, even Shaun Barker is training with the first team and none of us ever thought that would happen!

We have a brilliantly run club from top to bottom.

Now shut up moaning and get behind the team. This negativity is what will keep us down. Don't you think the players can feel it? Because they definitely can. Why do you think McClaren keeps talking about our **** support?

Plenty to be optimistic about, this is true but in response to your last comment.

IMO after a win the players should receive praise but also pointers on how they could perform even better.

When they don

Plenty to be optimistic about, this is true but in response to your last comment.

IMO after a win the players should receive praise but also pointers on how they could perform even better.

When they don

When they don

Constructive criticism is okay. But from the supporters there has to be mostly...well support... Its Mac's job on the whole to lay in to the players.

Maybe I'm just a "happy clapper" but the players need to feel loved and adored to have the confidence. Often our problems are tactical and not with effort or passion. We've got grit and determination in spades. Its nervous mistakes that cause the problem. And why do they feel so nervous? The pressure from certain fans who thought we were going to run away with the league. Rubbish. Every promotion charge is a tough battle. And if we want to come out on top, the players need to feel appreciated. Or they'll just feel downhearted and want to leave and/or not feel interested in doing this clubs fans any favours.

Maybe we can agree on a mix of the two approaches within reason and it seems to me

that this forum creates just that.

i get where you are coming from though and agree, the main task of the supporter is to support.

i hope the players can feel appreciated even when criticized, tough love and all that.

Unrealistic fans can be a pain and i am in no way defending them, but it could be worse, we could be Newcastle fans.

Keep being a happy clapper, it can be infectious on some miserable sorts,

you got me to smile at least :)

I'll admit to being a happy clapper too, even if I think a players rubbish I'd never scream at them from the stands like some do, apart from one completely involuntary ffs aimed at Sammon once!

The treatment Ibe got from some around me this season was shocking, sitting lower tier East stand you could see he heard it, the boy did well to turn it around.

Still think we've got a long winning run to come, so to see where we are without one is a good feeling!

Archived