Chesterfield opinions.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a read. They seem to be craving our approval if nothing else. Many fans complaining about us not giving them enough credit...

They seemed a good side who could quite easily hold their own in the Championship. However, any of their fans saying we were poor also fail to mention/don't realise we were experimenting with new formations and therefore an adjustment period was needed as players adapted to the new system.

Chesterfield fans saying they deserved to win, I disagree. Football is about goals, it's no good ''playing us off the park'' if you don't back that up with goals. Admittedly we weren't at our best yesterday but the fact we were clinical and converted 2 of our limited number of chances makes us the superior team.

Overall, I was impressed with Chesterfield, organised side that did well to supress a lot of our play but we were simply more clinical and that's how you win games...

I think I will give Chesterfield the credit they deserve. They brought 5,600 fans which is way more than most championship teams have done. We played something close to our best team, which showed them the respect they deserve. They played some neat football and some dangerous crosses into the box.

As for deserving to win, thats absolutely crazy. We scored 2 goals, hit the woodwork and had one cleared off the line. Plus plenty of near misses , and split offside decisions especially from Bent. Chezzy had a couple of shots over the bar plus a few long range efforts.

As for rubbish rundown ground? Eh??? I think someone might not have enjoyed the trip cos they didnt win like Bradford.

Their fans were pretty good.

Their team was quite good - better than Forest.

The slightly damp reaction was because we were disappointing.

Apparently there was trouble in the Royal Telegraph? Glass thrown, does Ash know owt about this? He goes in there before the game I think?

There were a load of chesterfield youfs in there in stone island and Addidas trainers, started singing and getting rowdy, police were outside in numbers, there was a bit of a commotion (we were down by the pool tables so only heard it), the police rushed in and that was that.

There were a load of chesterfield youfs in there in stone island and Addidas trainers, started singing and getting rowdy, police were outside in numbers, there was a bit of a commotion (we were down by the pool tables so only heard it), the police rushed in and that was that.

Heard similar from someone that was there. But the glass was thrown by a Chesterfield fan and about 10 Derby went towards them and the Chesterfield lads had a change of heart.

I would recommend searching out their forums. They're a pretty odd bunch. I've just read a three page thread where they moan about the concourse at Pride Park and then go on to discuss their favourite concourses from grounds around the country. Apparently ours could do with a lick of paint. I half expected one of them to suggest some drapes or a feature wall to brighten the place up.

Archived