Richard Keogh (maybe a duplicate thread)

South Ram

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sorry, used to defend Keogh, but I can't anymore. It's not Buxton's fault, it's not Christie's fault, it is Richard Keogh. No leadership qualities and he can't even lead by example. He doesn't acknowledge his mistakes either because he just shouts and blames others. Albentosa and Buxton for me.

All 3 centre halves were superb today, with Keogh being the best among them. His 2 excellent forward runs should have led to goals had not the players he passed to - most notably Hendrick - not faffed around with the ball each time. His clearances and calmness were incredible today, especially in the 2nd half, and given as some have pointed out, Christie's dreary display.

Face it - our defence is an embarrassment. We've only kept 5 clean sheets in the last 6 games. I say that's clearly not good enough for this football club. :rolleyes:

Chelsea, much the best team in the country, let 4 in at home to Bradford. Just imagine what this forum would be like if that had happened to us.

Both Bucko and Keogh were dreadful first half. The problem being they didn't know where to be, when Fozzy n cyrus were being doubled up on nobody seemed to know if it was a midfielders job or CB's Jody to go out and cover. No end of time one of then, often Keogh, was stood in no mans land. Was painful to watch. We were all over the place at time meaning chances presented themselves. One thing that did drive me crazy, again, was backing off. At least Raul stepped out and put a foot in on occasion. Was good to try a plan B/C out though in a competitive environment. Chesterfield put up a really good account of themselves.

Both Bucko and Keogh were dreadful first half. The problem being they didn't know where to be, when Fozzy n cyrus were being doubled up on nobody seemed to know if it was a midfielders job or CB's Jody to go out and cover. No end of time one of then, often Keogh, was stood in no mans land. Was painful to watch. We were all over the place at time meaning chances presented themselves. One thing that did drive me crazy, again, was backing off. At least Raul stepped out and put a foot in on occasion. Was good to try a plan B/C out though in a competitive environment. Chesterfield put up a really good account of themselves.

I would say it was Christie who didn't know where to stand... All game.

Keogh has his faults but I thought he was covering Christies backside all game

I would say it was Christie who didn't know where to stand... All game.

Keogh has his faults but I thought he was covering Christies backside all game

I don't know if u attended the games under jim smith but the cb's covered the wing backs to enable them to push on. At times they were too narrow. Not blaming the players it's just that they're not use to the system.

Well I thought Keogh was the best player out there. Damn beast ! Albentosa looked the classiest and Buxton worked the hardest. No complaints here on those 3 ... Again this forum targets players who are doing just fine and ignores ones who are in cuckoo land aka Christie Hendrick

Well I thought Keogh was the best player out there. Damn beast ! Albentosa looked the classiest and Buxton worked the hardest. No complaints here on those 3 ... Again this forum targets players who are doing just fine and ignores ones who are in cuckoo land aka Christie Hendrick

whereas I agree with you regarding Christie. I thought it was one of Jeffs better games yesterday...

I don't know if u attended the games under jim smith but the cb's covered the wing backs to enable them to push on. At times they were too narrow. Not blaming the players it's just that they're not use to the system.

yeah I did. Agree with what you say on this post.

Just annoying a certain player gets the book thrown at him all the time.

Best defence we've had statistically since under King Billeh....

Shows how different folk can see games, I thought Keogh was very poor first half he obviously was better in the old system after half time but by no stretch of the imagination could I say he was anywhere near one of the better players, like Ninos seems to have seen. He looked nervy, hesitant and uncertain every time he had the ball in the first half like an accident waiting to happen, we were sat right opposite that flank so was very happy to see the system aborted at half time.

On Tuesday, I would play Albentosa- Buxton. 

This isn't a direct attack of Keogh and I still see him playing a part in the team. However, I feel he needs a break from the first team. He's been an integral part of the team so far this season but a break from the first team will do him good, let him recapture his form and earn his shirt back. He'll come back a better player.

Archived