FA Cup 5th Round Draw

AmericanRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa away would be interesting (but don't ask Lambert for directions).

I'd take that but Bent won't be able to play against them. So we'll get Reading at home seeing we seems to get home draw than away.. Last away game in the fa cup 2009 3-4. Also would like Cambridge away

I'd take that but Bent won't be able to play against them. So we'll get Reading at home seeing we seems to get home draw than away.. Last away game in the fa cup 2009 3-4. Also would like Cambridge away

Yeh,forgot about that.

An attractive draw could give us some late window FFP firepower,if we needed it.

Reading or Sheff U at home please  - someone beatable

I want to win so the lower the opposition the better for me.

So we need to go for inferior (based on league standings ) opposition to progress despite the fact that we scraped past Southport and Chesterfield gave us a right good game.

Bradford beat Chelsea, Boro beat Man City, Cambridge held Man Utd, yet, despite most on here thinking we're world beaters, we want any team who frankly we don't believe are better than us.

It's the FA Cup FFS, man up. Arsenal at home for me thanks.

So we need to go for inferior (based on league standings ) opposition to progress despite the fact that we scraped past Southport and Chesterfield gave us a right good game.

Bradford beat Chelsea, Boro beat Man City, Cambridge held Man Utd, yet, despite most on here thinking we're world beaters, we want any team who frankly we don't believe are better than us.

It's the FA Cup FFS, man up. Arsenal at home for me thanks.

All about percentages. I quite fancy another trip to Wembley, but not in the playoffs. We're two wins away - why want it to be more dificult than it need be? Plus, if we draw Arsenal it works against us as we have to play near our strongest team (to keep them happy) so it's an extra, very tough game during the busy run-in. Keep on as we are and we can rotate the squad with the benchwarmers coming in, try things out and have everyone happy, match-fit and fresh.

It made no sense to be first out and over the trenches. I say hang back, keep our heads down and make steady progress.

We have nothing to lose in the next round really. A Championship or lower team gives us an opportunity to blood players. Big team at home then it is a great night and no problem if we lose. Big team away then good test at least and maybe some serious cash into bank.for us. Ideally two home games against easier options then a big dateagainst a good team to find out what we are made of.

Arsenal have to be the strongest team left in the Cup, followed by United and Liverpool if they win their respective replays. Avoid those three and West Ham, and hope they draw each other.

Someone like Reading, Fulham, Blackburn will do nicely. Maybe even Villa, Sunderland, Stoke.

Not Leicester, Bradford or Sheffield United, please.

Archived