Who is under-performing?

condor

Christie

Keogh

Bryson

Hendrick

All vital players. Can't afford for all of them to be out of sorts in the same game. Otherwise this happens.

Wingers are a different story. Russell is performing consistently. Ward has a bad game today but he's just coming back from injury. Dawkins has always been consistent.

Who do you think is under performing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underperforming would suggest a continous state. 

Who do I think underperformed?

Central defender and central midfielders.

How can you say the fullbacks underperformed? Especially Forsyth? What did he do wrong in the Forest match?

People say he didn't get forward enough? How could he, we never had the ball and just pumped it long. Would have ben suicidal for him to start charging up the wing in the hope of getting on the end of a Martin flick on.

Hes a left-back.

How can you say the fullbacks underperformed? Especially Forsyth? What did he do wrong in the Forest match?

People say he didn't get forward enough? How could he, we never had the ball and just pumped it long. Would have ben suicidal for him to start charging up the wing in the hope of getting on the end of a Martin flick on.

Hes a left-back.

I meant today to a lesser degree for Forsyth. He hasn't been as good as last season.

Hes a left-back.

Tbh Bris, I posted earlier they were all poor, but reading your posts got me thinking and i think your right, Fozzy did play quite well.

I think Forsyth did quite well. He's been poor at times this season, and I had thought that Eustace was a big part in his recent good form (providing a short passing option and doing a bit more defensive work), but today he did alright.

Christie is good at getting forward quickly but he hardly ever makes anything of it. And defensively he is really dodgy. I would be tempted to give Ssewankambo a chance in the cup game.

Hendrick and Bryson have both been crap for a while, and McClaren doesn't seem to recognise it. Every time we play badly, he responds by putting one of them in for the other, failing to recognise how similar they are. If the game plan's not working with Bryson playing, it's hardly going to work when Hendrick comes on, and vice-versa. We need to either sign another midfielder or slightly change the formation so that neither of them are in the side, because right now I think they both offer nothing.

I don't tgink Keigh is under performing, I think he's at his level, which is good Championship centre half, but it's difficult for him to do a good job playing in a defence that is under pressure because of a poor midfield performance. His distribution is poor though, and there's no way he's good enough for the Premiership - I'm worried that Mac might think differently.

Doesn't perform if he doesn't get the proper service.

Did not see much stick to him today.... Then his head goes and the attitude / body language starts.

Dont get me wrong he is the best we have got by a mile and when he is on it, we are fine.

Games like today he just frustrates the ***** out of me.

Did not see much stick to him today.... Then his head goes and the attitude / body language starts.

Dont get me wrong he is the best we have got by a mile and when he is on it, we are fine.

Games like today he just frustrates the ***** out of me.

Agree partially. He also goes down to easily. He's not a diver, but he could stay on feet more I'm sure.

Brysons been bang average since he got his new contract. Mascarell is no way a defensive mid. Hendrick been playing below par for a while know we could do with another Hughes type player so if he gets injured we still play actual football. ( which went when he came off today ) pointless bringing bent on to play out wide he's an out and out striker for God sake. Ward did well today saying first game back in a while.

Should be who underperformed not who is underperforming.

One bad game after 4 wins with 4 clean sheets.

All counts for nothing if we can't break away. Everyone who we didn't want to win won today. So that just invites more pressure. Today should have been a win. Instead we have 5 other teams breathing down our necks one again.

Brysons been bang average since he got his new contract. Mascarell is no way a defensive mid. Hendrick been playing below par for a while know we could do with another Hughes type player so if he gets injured we still play actual football. ( which went when he came off today ) pointless bringing bent on to play out wide he's an out and out striker for God sake. Ward did well today saying first game back in a while.

See the Is Bent the new Bamford thread. I discussed that Bent shouldn't be played on the wing. Yet today McClaren insisted playing him there.

The team....to individually blame one player is wrong.

We had a massive set back at the start when we thorne got injured, since then the players havent clicked enough as a team.

I dont think its omars fault we lost today, he was poor but only as the result of derby forgetting how to play in the second half and the game passing him by. Even thorne would struggle in a team that cant string more than 2 passes together.

Christie was also poor at times, getting drawn into the occasion and chasing lost causes leaving gaping gaps behind him.

But as i said, we lost control of the ball and therefore the game, we need a run of results with a settled team, which will come.

Strange thing was we played in a way we dont ever play in the 2nd half. We didnt get the ball down and pass it, we seemed to get engaged in endless hoof ball competitions and bizzare head tennis sessions. I havent seen us play that way in a long time but we looked very average because that isnt our way!

Archived