I'm angry at the players but...

Chris Mills

I'm more angry at our fans. 1-0 up and come out at half time and our support is silent. You can blame the players all you like but I don't see our fans backing the team. Didn't hear a whisper from the majority of the south stand for most of the second half even when we were ahead. It's embarrassing.

I honestly think it's a huge contributing factor to some of our poor performances at home. I don't know for certain but I reckon we have taken more points away than at home and our home crowd isn't helping that

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more angry at our fans. 1-0 up and come out at half time and our support is silent. You can blame the players all you like but I don't see our fans backing the team. Didn't hear a whisper from the majority of the south stand for most of the second half even when we were ahead. It's embarrassing.

I honestly think it's a huge contributing factor to some of our poor performances at home. I don't know for certain but I reckon we have taken more points away than at home and our home crowd isn't helping that

They will cheer when they have something to cheer about. Blaming the fans is a cop out because the reason we lost is because we can't defend.

They will cheer when they have something to cheer about. Blaming the fans is a cop out because the reason we lost is because we can't defend.

Knew this comment would come. We weren't cheering when Forest kicked off in the 45th minute... We hadn't even touched the ball yet in the second half and there was no noise. Don't be so ridiculous. We had a great half, the players come out again and it's like a morgue. 

Knew this comment would come. We weren't cheering when Forest kicked off in the 45th minute... We hadn't even touched the ball yet in the second half and there was no noise. Don't be so ridiculous. We had a great half, the players come out again and it's like a morgue.

I'm not being ridiculous. We didn't play well the entire match.

Yeah it's the fans fault the players decided to hoof the ball at every opportunity, let Forest have as much of the ball as they want and fail to deal with set pieces. Why wasn't Nick the Flagman clearing that free kick for their first goal? Poor play from him

So you think that fans have no bearing on the outcome of a game? 

The fans singing louder wouldn't have stopped our defence ******* up at the free kick and them scoring

Changes the entire game as the players have more confidence, make different decisions etc.

Why do you think teams win more home games than away if the fans have no bearing on results?

Changes the entire game as the players have more confidence, make different decisions etc.

Why do you think teams win more home games than away if the fans have no bearing on results?

I didn't say they have no bearing on results, but today regardless of how loud we were, the defence and midfield was still going to play ****. Us signing loud wouldn't have instructed the players to keep hold of the ball rather than hoof it straight back to them, the manager/captain needed to do that and clearly they didn't (Or the players didn't listen)

I didn't say they have no bearing on results, but today regardless of how loud we were, the defence and midfield was still going to play ****. Us signing loud wouldn't have instructed the players to keep hold of the ball rather than hoof it straight back to them, the manager/captain needed to do that and clearly they didn't (Or the players didn't listen)

I said I blamed the players in the title too. I just think that we can do our part sometimes and our home support really just isn't that good. 

It instils confidence in the players have the crowd behind them. I'm not saying that we would have gone on to win the game 8-0, but it would certainly have made a difference. Maybe we would have lost 2-1 still, but at least you would have backed our team all the way.

you could tell absolutely everyone connected with Derby were so so nervous second half. This is where fans need to pipe up and make a racket, get it through to the team that they need to up their game, not have 30 odd fans at the back sing about Bryson and his f**king haggis. You could hear a pin drop in the South stand second half.

Archived