Do we need another winger?

condor

Ibe was the exact type of player this team needed.

A player whom when the passing and intricate play simply wasn't working, we could pass the ball out to him and just go "there you go Jordon, do something" and whether it came off or not he would make something happen, and scare their defence into double or triple teaming him. He would frighten the opposition.

Very true, which is why the "no end product", "runs down blind alleys" comments are tripe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not, but I think we'll get one - a good one. 

It seems to me we're taking no chances with promotion this season and we wouldn't allow a player to leave without a replacement. I even think we'll bring in a defensive midfielder for the short term, one month or so.

Loan.

Promotion isn't guaranteed. Therefore we shouldn't risk spending big on a player.

Completely disagree with that second line.

Promotion is anything but guaranteed. Looking at even the next month of fixtures, we could be anywhere from top by a couple of points, to 5-6th and several points adrift of second. As for risking money, by that thinking every transfer is a risk, and no-one should spend money. It depends on the player.

I agree that loan is the way to go, until we get an idea of targets.

Can't get my head around the No vote.

Of course we need a new winger! Ibe was an integral part of our team and one of our biggest threats going forward! Commentators often remarked on how the majority of our creativity was coming from either him or Hughes. We need to replace him and i'm sure we're prepared to!

This is the biggest chance we've had to win automatic promotion in years! Why not spend that little bit more and smash this league?!?!

A few suggestions of players:

Sinclair (loan?)

Sako? 

Matt Ritchie?

Castagnios?

Redmond?

Ben Marshall?

McManaman?

Lingard?

And how much do you think it would cost to buy Ross McCormack out of his contract? Not 11 million that's for sure...

We will have prepared for this, and we WILL bring someone in before the end of January. Trust in the holy trinity of Mac, Rush and Evans. Up the Rams!

Can't get my head around the No vote.

Of course we need a new winger! Ibe was an integral part of our team and one of our biggest threats going forward! Commentators often remarked on how the majority of our creativity was coming from either him or Hughes. We need to replace him and i'm sure we're prepared to!

This is the biggest chance we've had to win automatic promotion in years! Why not spend that little bit more and smash this league?!?!

A few suggestions of players:

Sinclair (loan?)

Sako? 

Matt Ritchie?

Castagnios?

Redmond?

Ben Marshall?

McManaman?

Lingard?

And how much do you think it would cost to buy Ross McCormack out of his contract? Not 11 million that's for sure...

We will have prepared for this, and we WILL bring someone in before the end of January. Trust in the holy trinity of Mac, Rush and Evans. Up the Rams!

Spending a little bit more is no guarantee of anything.

I think most weeks with the starting 11 we can cope but we need someone to make an impact or offer something different.

Bamford did this last season and Ibe this season. Ibe was actually better than expected and offered something from the start.

I'd prefer someone "different" rather than dependable.

Archived