Barker

condor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon he might take a month or two longer due to how bad his injury was, but there's definitely a chance he could feature later in the season 

Surely will be one of the longest periods out with a single injury that any proffesional footballer has ever had?

Well tickle my tits till Friday, I'm happy to say I was wrong, looks like he's making a comeback. Well done Shaun, I think a few grown men will have a tear in their old eyes when you grace the pitch again.

Them grown men were toddlers when he got the injury.

I'd love to see him get a run out for half an hour at the end of the season when we are already up!

If he could keep fit and get games at under 21 level he could quite possibly do a job at a lower league club like Burton or Chesterfield... Then come back and be a youth coach or something ambassadorial.

Barker is our club captain and there will always be a place for him I should imagine.

Time plays tricks on the mind. Fair play to him for getting to this stage but a pre-injury Barker wouldn't even be on the bench. He did well for us, but we've improved so much. I hope he can play for the U21's at some point.

Disagree with this. He was our best defender, even when we had Shackell. However, I'd still be amazed if he played again, but full marks to the guy for persevering to this point. But I would wince when ever he went into a challenge...

Disagree with this. He was our best defender, even when we had Shackell. However, I'd still be amazed if he played again, but full marks to the guy for persevering to this point. But I would wince when ever he went into a challenge...

You rated Barker above Shackell?

Time plays tricks on the mind. Fair play to him for getting to this stage but a pre-injury Barker wouldn't even be on the bench. He did well for us, but we've improved so much. I hope he can play for the U21's at some point.

Definitely the case. Maybe slightly exaggerating but he would certainly be third, maybe 4th choice now Albentosa is here.

You rate keogh Buxton shotton and whitbread over a pre injury barker ??

Really ??

Buxton, 100%. Keogh, yes. Shotton, it's fairly tight. Whitbread is never fit so I wasn't counting him.

From the little I've seen of Albentosa, he's far superior as well. 

I'm feeling generous, so he would be our fourth best CB. 

Archived