Conor Sammon - Rotherham.

harrydean98

He's back...worryingly

But on the plus side I don't think FIFA allow players to play for three clubs in the same competition in any one season, so I don't think he's available for selection.

...edit, The OS says he is available. I really hope they've checked that thoroughly as we can really live without a points deduction.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's back...worryingly

But on the plus side I don't think FIFA allow players to play for three clubs in the same competition in any one season, so I don't think he's available for selection.

...edit, The OS says he is available. I really hope they've checked that thoroughly as we can really live without a points deduction.

​I wonder if Rotherham have got a problem with the rams over the Rawson loan, throwing the toys from the pram

He's back...worryingly

It's all very odd - if it was a standard loan, he would be ineligible to play for us, just like Bent with Villa.  As per the football league rules, section 53.2.2:

Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window 

Which means it must have been an emergency loan, which are limited to 93 days.  It's 92 days since he signed for Rotherham, so that fits perfectly.  But it would mean that every news article at the time, including the official DCFC site, was wrong (in saying that it was a loan until the end of the season).  And also either Rotherham loaned him with the intention of not having him available for the last 3 games, or we wanted him back for the run-in (and playoffs) all along (which I suspect is more likely).

If it was an emergency loan, then the 3-club rule doesn't apply, as emergency loans don't count towards this.

It's all very odd - if it was a standard loan, he would be ineligible to play for us, just like Bent with Villa.  As per the football league rules, section 53.2.2:

Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window 

Which means it must have been an emergency loan, which are limited to 93 days.  It's 92 days since he signed for Rotherham, so that fits perfectly.  But it would mean that every news article at the time, including the official DCFC site, was wrong (in saying that it was a loan until the end of the season).  And also either Rotherham loaned him with the intention of not having him available for the last 3 games, or we wanted him back for the run-in (and playoffs) all along (which I suspect is more likely).

If it was an emergency loan, then the 3-club rule doesn't apply, as emergency loans don't count towards this.

​wow that's deep for a Friday afternoon !!!

Has he played for us yet this season? Wouldn't we be the 3rd team he's played for? 

No he didn't played this season for us but was on the bench twice before went to Ipswich. 

I can only imagine Rotherham have gone and checked everything after Rawson, and realised they cocked up with Sammon too. Must have been an emergency loan, rather than the standard loan that was announced by both clubs.

I can only imagine Rotherham have gone and checked everything after Rawson, and realised they cocked up with Sammon too. Must have been an emergency loan, rather than the standard loan that was announced by both clubs.

​This is my feeling too. There's been an oversight either at Derby or Rotherham with regards to full season loans and emergency loans, and they realised that they were in danger of making the same mistake if they played Sammon. I went on the Rotherham boards after the Rawson fiasco and someone said "This is what happens when you have so many loans". I think they just struggled to keep track of who is at the club and for how long, which is diabolical organisation for any club, let alone a Championship club.

But then that's based on assumption, it could just as easily be our cock up. All we have is speculation I suppose.

​This is my feeling too. There's been an oversight either at Derby or Rotherham with regards to full season loans and emergency loans, and they realised that they were in danger of making the same mistake if they played Sammon. I went on the Rotherham boards after the Rawson fiasco and someone said "This is what happens when you have so many loans". I think they just struggled to keep track of who is at the club and for how long, which is diabolical organisation for any club, let alone a Championship club.

But then that's based on assumption, it could just as easily be our cock up. All we have is speculation I suppose.

​Sam rush, make a cock up?

please

Archived