Paul Jewell bottled it after a week

condor

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says not he was pushed and did not quit

Perhaps he was employed "subject to a satisfactory reference ....." ??

Remember - his last semi successful referee would be a certain Mr Whelan ..currently awol in Caribbean and unable to undertake footballing matters. Maybe Paul gambled and asked DCFC for a reference ?

I often wonder how much better Jewell would've been as Derby manager if he had to work under similar 'constraints' to Nigel Clough, and/or even George Burley.

He might've done a lot better if he wasn't allowed to sign so many players in such a short period of time. Guess we will never know, but I said at the time, and now having seen how McClaren is doing, that you can change too much too soon and it backfire. 23 incoming players in a calendar is far too ridiculous to succeed, yet Jewell tried it in 2008!

UTTERLY INCREDIBLE ....... the end of his career in football, once again I would surmise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30814289

Paul Jewell has contacted his lawyers following his sudden departure from West Brom after just a week.

Jewell left the Premier League club on Tuesday after being appointed assistant head coach by new manager Tony Pulis.

West Brom said the former Bradford, Wigan and Derby boss, 50, had decided not to continue "his recent assistance on a more formal basis".

But Jewell told BBC Sport his exit was "not by mutual consent" and the matter is now in the hands of his lawyers.

Archived