SKY upgrade.

Boycie

Just upgraded my sky with a special deal to £25 for 4 or 5 months and now get all the channels.

God knows how many channels I can get now, but, there's still nowt on worth watching!:mad:

Sky sports is never worth £30 a month or whatever it normally costs.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never understood why people use Sky, Virgin is so much cheaper, ignore all the prices on there site. You can get a v+ box and xl package with Setanta for £30pm with free phone, no bt line rental. Just don't get all the Christian and Asian channels.

We've got that BT Vision + Setanta which is pretty good.

Price includes t'internet and phone line then Setanta subscription was reasonably cheap.

They show all SPL games (good for a Rangers fan like myself), the odd Premiership game and a whole heap of European games from Germany, France and Holland.

Then one off payment is just for the box so you get all the channels you'd get on Freeview and the option of recording stuff like you can do on Sky+.

Obviously you don't watch 60% of the stuff but you're not continually paying for it every month. The girl pays £50+ for a Sky subscription and flicking through on a Friday night we struggle to find something to watch - such a waste of money.

No you only pay for the subscription channels - Setanta, Eurosport etc.

Rest is just that free guff you get on Freeview - Sky Sports, BBC3 etc etc.

But you can go into a main screen and watch loads of series thats on the box already - Lost, Father Ted, Channel 4 documentaries etc.

Then you can download content to the box - films and one-offs etc. Not sure how those are charged though.

Sky > Virgin.

My brother had Virgin and it just reeks of Money grabbing c*nt Branson, seemed very bad qwuality in design and in normal watching (bad reception, too)

I have freeview in my room. £15 quid, need an aerial and you're away. Freezes sometimes but 15 quid one off payment, get all 5 normal channels ITV 2, 3, 4, BBC 3, 4, SkyThree, SSN, and loads more

• 1 month later...

Archived