Rolls-Royce

PrivateDerby

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unemployment rate in the States is not good at all for the most part.

It irks me when some of my friends argue about how their job sucks or whatnot;I tell them well at least you have a job when tons of people with families or who have college degrees,etc do not;that shuts them up.

I hope so too mate. Companies like this do not think about the repercussions of things like this it seems.

Don't think it's a decision they take lightly. Not sure if you realise, being an American, just how much Rolls-Royce is the life bread of Derby. Everyone has a friend or family member, if not multiples of both, working there.

My grandad worked there, my mum used to, my dad still does, my uncle does, my cousin does etc etc

Don't think it's a decision they take lightly. Not sure if you realise, being an American, just how much Rolls-Royce is the life bread of Derby. Everyone has a friend or family member, if not multiples of both, working there.

My grandad worked there, my mum used to, my dad still does, my uncle does, my cousin does etc etc

Fair enough, I am just used to how American companies do things like this ( A friend of mine's grandfather was laid off after working for a company for over 30 years and they really gave him no valid reason for doing so).

Regardless, I hope those who are out of work find something; being unemployed is not a good feeling. Good luck to them.

My dads there.... Been there 26 years. Sister and brother in law too...

My dad should be ok whatever happens.

Scared for sister and brother though :(

Archived