George Thorne

DEL

What a guy, he purchased the box at iPro and takes his family every home games.

Also Sam Rush : George Thorne will be fit in 90 days time OH MY GOD HOPE THIS IS TRUE BRILLIANT :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be back from his injury in 90 days but I imagine he will be lacking match fitness plus the obvious scars of overcoming his injury.

Can't see him back properly until March time.

Also, I hope we don't rush him back or place too much pressure on him. He's not going to come back and be our best player straight away. He'll probably look like a donkey for the first few games so patience will be required.

He'll be back from his injury in 90 days but I imagine he will be lacking match fitness plus the obvious scars of overcoming his injury.

Also, I hope we don't rush him back or place too much pressure on him. He's not going to come back and be our best player straight away. He'll probably look like a donkey for the first few games so patience will be required.

I'll be at Pride Park next time in April so he need not hurry since we are doing fine now anyway. But at that time I expect him to deliver. ;)

Good news but I would let Thorne heal fully and properly. Perhaps bring him back only if promotion has not been secured or is not very likely after Feb 1. 

Looking back at George Thorne's transfer. Do you think we played it cool on this forum?

I definitely did, for sure.

My heart says a return against Forest would be great, since that is the fixture he made his debut for us in. But my head says no thanks, I don't want him mauled on his first game back. I don't want GT to be our answer to Chris Cohen.

Good news but I would let Thorne heal fully and properly. Perhaps bring him back only if promotion has not been secured or is not very likely after Feb 1. 

Sam commented on the case of Andrew Cross at Brighton and the need to be careful with George and ensure he's truly fit.

That said, Sam has both the #PrayForGeorge hashtag on prominent display in his office and a countdown. After initially saying 90 days he corrected himself that the countdown reads about 100.

Yeah I don't think he'll debut for England until the summer games. One step at a time and all that.

Archived